Natalie Garnett - Counselling and Addiction Therapy
98b High Street
Stevenage Old Town
32a Sun Street
Do you need someone to talk to? Are past or present experiences affecting you? Do you feel unable to cope?
I offer a safe secure and confidential space for you to talk and explore your thoughts and feelings without being judged. I aim to support you in dealing with any problems or crisis that you are experiencing. These can be long-standing problems or recent problems. I offer long and short term individual therapy.
Are you looking for help with an addiction? Recognizing that you have a problem is the first step on the road to recovery, one that takes tremendous courage and strength. If you're ready to make a change and overcome your addiction I can help support you in gaining back control of your life.
We all think, feel and react in different ways and so when seeking therapy it is important to find the right type of therapy for your needs. It's for this reason that I use an integrative approach to therapy. This combines cognitive and behavioural therapy, psychodynamic therapy and humanistic therapy. By using integrative therapy it allows me to adapt the therapy to apply the appropriate technique to suit your needs and wants.
I am a professional qualified counsellor and psychotherapist and an accredited member of the National Counselling Society who works within their code of ethics.
Training, qualifications & experience
* BA Psychology and Criminology (Hons)
* MSc Health Psychology
* Advanced Diploma in Counselling and Psychotherapy
* Diploma in Counselling and Psychotherapy
* Diploma in Hypnotherapy and Counselling Skills
* Royal College of General Practitioners Certificate in Management of Drug Misuse Part 1
* Certificate in Drugs Awareness for Prisons and Communities
* Level 2 Certificate for Adult Learner Support
* Auricular Accupuncture Training
I have a particular interest in addiction and have been working in this field for a number of years. Alongside working as a psychotherapist I also work as a recovery practitioner for a drug and alcohol charity.
Accredited register membership
Areas of counselling I deal with
* Initial consultation £40 (Consultations after 5pm are charged at £45)
* Session price after consultation £45 (Appointments after 5pm are charged at £50)
All sessions are 50 minutes long.
For those who find it difficult to travel to see me or prefer counselling in the comfort of their own home I also offer counselling via Skype at a reduced rate.
I am able to offer sessions in the evenings and at weekends.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|