Myira Khan: BACP Accredited Counsellor & Supervisor (Leicester & Online)
07864523545 / 07864 523 545
A BACP Accredited Counsellor and Supervisor in Leicester and Online (Skype, Telephone, Email) and Elected Member on BACP Board of Governors.
Counselling for Adults, Couples, Children and Young People.
Myira Khan Counselling offers:
- Counselling to Adults
- Couples Counselling (also known as relationship therapy or marriage guidance)
- Children and Adolescent / Teenage / Young People's Counselling (for children aged 3 years old and up)
- Online Counselling (Skype, Telephone, Email) for Adults, Couples and Young People (aged 10 and above)
- A professional, safe and confidential counselling service
- A faith and culturally-sensitive service
- Islamic Counselling Service available (Leicester or online) from a Muslim Counsellor
- Supervision for trainee & qualified counsellors / therapists (Leicester or Skype)
- Appointments available weekdays, evenings & weekends.
- Enquiries welcome throughout the week and weekend.
Additionally qualified & experienced to offer:
Couples Counselling (Relationship Therapy or Marriage Guidance)
Islamic Counselling Service
Myira is experienced in working with the below issues:
Anxiety / Generalised Anxiety Disorder
Abuse (physical, sexual and/or emotional abuse)
Anger / Anger Management
Bereavement/ Grief / Loss
Bipolar / manic depression
Child Sexual Abuse
Chronic Fatigue Syndrome / ME
Depression (including postnatal depression)
Domestic Violence / domestic abuse / abusive relationships
Eating disorders / anorexia / bulimia
Low self-esteem / low self-confidence
Relationship issues / difficulties, affairs, separation or divorce (individual or as couples counselling)
Mental Health Issues
Personal and Family Conflict
Seasonal Affective Disorder (SAD)
Self / Identity
Spirituality / Religion
Work related issues
and other concerns.
Monday, Tuesday, Thursday & Friday: 9am - 8pm
Wednesday: 9am - 12pm
Saturday & Sunday: Open for enquiries & appointments on request.
West Knighton, Leicester, Leicestershire LE2.
Short drive from city centre.
Close to City Centre LE1, Clarendon Park, Stoneygate, Oadby, Wigston, University of Leicester and De Montfort University.
Free on-street parking available.
Easy access via public transport including direct bus links from Leicester City Centre.
Convenient and direct links to the M1 & M69 junctions for clients travelling from Nottingham / Nottinghamshire, Derby / Derbyshire, Northampton / Northamptonshire (East Midlands) and Birmingham, Coventry (West Midlands).
No Waiting List.
Appointments available weekdays, evenings and weekends.
To contact Myira, to enquire about services or book an appointment:
Telephone: 07864 523 545
Training, qualifications & experience
* Award-winning and BACP Accredited Counsellor
(BSc, Dip HE, Registered Member MBACP - Accredited)
* Clinical Supervisor
* Counselling Tutor / Lecturer
* BACP Board of Governors
BACP Accredited Counsellor in Leicester and Online (Skype, email and telephone)
BSc Psychology 2.1 (Brunel University)
Certificate of Higher Education in Counselling (University of Leicester)
Diploma of Higher Education in Contemporary Psychodynamic Counselling (University of Leicester)
Online Counselling Skills Certificate (Online Counselling Services and Training)
Advanced Post Diploma Certificate in Person Centred Couples Counselling (Counselling Workshops & Training LLP)
Certificate in Islamic Psychology and Islamic Psychotherapy (Islamic Counselling)
Certificate in Developing Skills in Couples Work (Tavistock Relationships)
Post-Graduate Advanced Certificate in Integrative Counselling for Children and Young People (current training)
Certificate in Clinical Supervision
As a qualified adult education tutor, Myira also works as a Counselling Lecturer and Associate Tutor in a HE/University setting.
A professional, qualified and experienced BACP Accredited Counsellor working with a range of issues, including anxiety, depression and relationship difficulties.
A qualified Supervisor, supervising qualified and trainee counsellors and psychotherapists.
Offering private, safe and confidential counselling to all clients.
A psychodynamic and integrative counsellor, experienced in working with both deep-routed issues and their impact upon present life as well as working with current issues which may be impacting upon a client's well-being.
Trained in Islamic Psychology and Islamic Psychotherapy, there is an option for clients to access an Islamic Counselling service from myself as a Muslim Counsellor.
Committed to offering a service which is welcoming to all backgrounds, races, religions and cultures in a supportive, inclusive and non-discriminatory manner. As a Muslim counsellor working within a private service, you can choose to work with a Muslim / Asian counsellor if this choice is not available to you from your local / NHS / GP services.
Experienced of working within a University student counselling service, local voluntary and private counselling services and within a domestic violence support service.
Founder of the Muslim Counsellor and Psychotherapist Network.
Elected Governor on the BACP Board of Governors.
Member of The Association for Counselling and Therapy Online.
Accredited register membership
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Anorexia nervosa
- Antisocial personality disorder
- Asperger's syndrome
- Attachment disorder
- Avoidant personality disorder
- Binge-eating disorder
- Bipolar disorder/Manic depression
- Body dysmorphic disorder
- Borderline personality disorder
- Bulimia nervosa
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Dependent personality disorder
- Domestic violence
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Gender dysphoria
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Histrionic personality disorder
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Narcissistic personality disorder
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Obsessive-compulsive personality disorder
- Panic disorder
- Paranoid personality disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Personality disorders
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Postnatal depression
- Pregnancy and birth
- Relationship issues
- Schizoid personality disorder
- Schizotypal personality disorder
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Separation and divorce
- Sex problems
- Sexual abuse
- Suicidal thoughts
- Work related stress
Other areas of counselling I deal with
Additional Specialist Areas:
- Also qualified in Islamic Psychology and Islamic Psychotherapy, I also offer Islamic Counselling as part of my counselling service (in Leicester or Online)
- Experienced in working cross-culturally, I work with a diverse range of clients across all ages, ethnicities, religions, cultures and sexualities.
Photos & videos
£40 per session (for adults, children and young people).
£55 per session (for couples counselling).
Each session is 50 minutes.
Reduced fees (concessions) are available for full-time university students and unwaged (unemployed).
£40 per hour for supervision (or £60 for 1.5 hours of monthly supervision).
Monday, Tuesday, Thursday & Friday: 9am - 8pm
Wednesday: 9am - 12pm
Saturday & Sunday: Appointments on request & enquiries
Appointments available weekdays, evenings and weekends (9am-8pm) for face to face counselling in Leicester and Online.
Online Counselling is particularly flexible to work around unsociable work shifts and/or location.
Enquiries welcome throughout the week and weekend via email or phone.
Myira is the Founder of the Muslim Counsellor and Psychotherapist Network and an Award-winning Counsellor:
- The Muslim Counsellor and Psychotherapist Network- Shortlisted for Professional Network of the Year (November 2015)
- Shortlisted at the National Diversity Awards - Positive Role Model for Race, Religion and Faith (September 2015) www.nationaldiversityawards.co.uk/2015-shortlist/
- Shortlisted at the Asian Women of Achievement Awards - Social and Humanitarian Category (May 2015) and attending the Women of the Year Lunch & Awards (October 2015) www. awaawards.com/2015-shortlisted/
- Mental Health Heroes Award Winner (February 2015). Presented by Deputy Prime Minister Nick Clegg. www.libdems.org.uk/mental-health-hero-award-winners
- Finalist at the British Muslim Awards - Woman of the Year (February 2015). http://www.thediversityawards.info/britishmuslim/entry/
- Winner of the Women's Award for Inspiration (June 2013). "Myira is one of the only practicing Muslim counsellors in Leicester, and as such, she takes an active role in advocating the counselling and psychotherapy profession within Muslim communities. Myira is an active member of the Black and Asian Therapists Network (BAATN), the BACP (British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy) including the sub-division: Association for Pastoral and Spiritual Care and Counselling (APSCC), as well as founding her own international professional network; The Muslim Counsellor and Psychotherapist Network (MCAPN)."
Media Consultation and Contributions:
- Myira works with media companies to consult and contribute to print, radio and tv productions.
- Myira has contributed to the following print and newspaper articles:
- Guardian: Problem Solved - "My husband was unfaithful and lied about it for years" http://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/2015/apr/10/my-husband-was-unfaithful-and-lied-about-it-for-years#comments
- The Telegraph: "Why telling your friend she looks thin could really harm her" http://www.telegraph.co.uk/women/womens-life/11425632/Why-telling-your-friend-she-looks-thin-could-really-harm-her.html
- Myira has appeared on BBC Radio Leicester discussing her work as a counsellor and to address the issues of stigma and taboo in mental health, to break down barriers of mental health, for clients to easily access services.
- Myira has appeared on British Muslim TV- Questions debate show - to discuss domestic violence, working with domestic violence victims, the need for appropriate services and to address the prevalence within Muslim communities.
Contact Myira for counselling or supervision (also for media / presenter / CPD training enquiries).
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Monday: 9am - 8pm, Tuesday 9am - 8pm, Wednesday: 9am - 12pm, Thursday: 9am - 8pm, Friday: 9am - 8pm. Weekend appointments available - please contact me to check availability & to book.
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|
Supervision & training
Clinical Supervision (Leicester and Online).View supervision profile