Muhterem Mehmet - Lotus Counselling
0208 215 1877 / 0773 254 5246
Hello...My name is Muhterem I am an integrative counsellor, which enables me to intervene various counselling approaches into my sessions. I mainly intervene CBT, person-centred, psychodynamic, and existential counselling. These theories are introduced appropriately depending on the clients current needs and issues.
As a counsellor my job is to help you help yourself, my main goal is to be attentive, congruent and empathetic, in ones process of personal growth. I have a compassion to help individuals and to help guide them into enlightenment and transformation, to be the person who they truly desire to be.
I understand that it takes courage to make that first step when an individual is thinking of seeking counselling. The first step would be your bravest, therefore only you have the choice of making that initial contact. I provide a free 30 minute assessment which can be done by telephone or face-to-face. In the assessment we will discuss what type of counselling would be most appropriate for you, whether it be face-to-face or telephone counselling. This assessment will help me understand what you are looking for in counselling and how my services may be able to help. It also gives you the opportunity to ask any questions you may have.
My aim is to provide a safe space where an individual is able to express their true feelings and thoughts freely, without judgement. Counselling also gives the client the opportunity to share and discuss any issues, or personal problems that they may be experiencing. The process of therapy can help an individual gain self-awareness, which can lead to the possibilities of freedom and the opportunity to live life to the fullest. Counselling sessions also gives you the chance to explore, reflect and discover the answers to your own questions.
I am practising at Radial House offices in Barking, the tube-station linked to many lines making access to Barking station very easy. More information to the location of my office could also be found on my website.
Training, qualifications & experience
I have many years of experience counselling individuals with various backgrounds, who have faced a variety of challenging issues.
My qualifications/training are as follows:-
- Diploma in Therapeutic Counselling
- Certificate in Counselling Skills
- Certificate in Introduction to Counselling
- Certificate in Child Counselling
- CPD in Volunteer Counselling & Safeguarding
- CPD in Working Towards Independence (Harley Street Psychology Training)
- CPD in Working Therapeutically With Uncertainty - An Existential Perspective
- Practitioners Diploma in Crystal Healing
- Certificate of Registration - A registrant on the BACP Register for counsellors and psychotherapists
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Body dysmorphic disorder
- Child related issues
- Domestic violence
- Drug abuse
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Panic disorder
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
Other areas of counselling I deal with
Photos & videos
- Face-to-face counselling (50 minutes per session) - £35
- Telephone counselling (50 minutes per session) - £30
- Assessment (30 minutes) - No Charge
Concession prices available for those individuals on low income, benefits, students...proof of this will need to be provided.
- Concession price for face-to-face counselling (50 minutes per session) - £25
- Concession price for telephone counselling (50 minutes per session) - £20
Services Available :-
- Face-to-face counselling
- Telephone phone counselling
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|