Miriam Unsworth (Reg. MBACP) Dip. Integrative Therapeutic Counselling
When is the last time you felt really listened to? It can sometimes feel hard to take the first step when life has become overwhelming, confusing or you feel a bit lost about things that may have happened in the past or are bothering you right now. Perhaps you feel uncertain about the world around you.
I'm an integrative counsellor, meaning I can respond to your unique needs, guided by you. Every part of what you bring is welcome without judgement and I offer a warm, compassionate and safe presence where you can, at your own pace, start to find greater self-awareness and self-acceptance.
I first experienced the power of personal counselling over 20 years and started training in 2001. I bring experience of counselling adults and young people, together with a wealth of life experience and an understanding of the challenges you might be facing. The relationship I share with my clients feels central to the healing process.
I offer long-term and short-term counselling and we can discuss this at our initial free consultation.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Diploma in Integrative Therapeutic Counselling
- ASIST certificates in Mental Health Awareness, Suicide Prevention, Self-harm
- Introduction to couple counselling
- Commitment to ongoing professional development
- Counselling at an NHS hospital
- Counselling students at a local college
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Anorexia nervosa
- Asperger's syndrome
- Attachment disorder
- Binge-eating disorder
- Bipolar disorder/Manic depression
- Bulimia nervosa
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Domestic violence
- Drug abuse
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Hearing voices
- Internet addiction
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Panic disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Postnatal depression
- Pregnancy and birth
- Relationship issues
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Separation and divorce
- Sex addiction
- Sex problems
- Sexual abuse
- Suicidal thoughts
- Work-related stress
- Young carers
Other areas of counselling I deal with
- Parenting challenges (including children with special needs)
- Teenagers and young people
- Serious illness and the onward journey
- Loss in its many forms
Free initial consultation so we can meet and discuss whether we might go on to work together.
£40 (50 minute sessions)
Appointments in seafront Kemptown or Fiveways consulting rooms.
Home visits possible and telephone/email sessions to cover absences if needed/pre-arranged.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Various morning, afternoon and evening slots available.
Types of client