I've been practising as a counsellor and psychotherapist for 24 years. I did a three and a half year training originally and have done many further long and short courses and workshops especially in working with trauma whether from childhood or more recently.
I am a caring and compassionate therapist with a lot of experience and understanding in the kinds of experiences and problems we can face in our lives and the impact they can have on us. I am accepting and a good listener.
I work a lot with people who have experienced painful childhoods including emotional or physical abuse, separation and grief. I also see many people suffering from stress, depression and anxiety, whatever has caused it.
I am a carer for my husband who has Parkinsons disease so have experience in that area.
I work from home, there is access for people with a disability if you can manage a few steps.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Post Graduate diploma in Core Process Psychotherapy [CPP] at the Karuna Institute leading to - Accreditation with ACCP, [Association of CPP] within UKCP.
- Somatic Trauma Therapy.
- Several courses in Neuroscience - how the brain works and develops and is affected by trauma, illness. How we think/feel and how to hep ourselves.
- Humanistic psychology and embodied-relational therapy.
- Focusing - developing awareness of our body, the stress and tension we can carry in it and how to release it.
- Understanding attachment.
- Dissociation and trauma.
- Online seminar over 2 years on Principles and challenges of Trauma Treatment.
- Ecopsychology - the psychology of our relationship to nature and the environment.
- Jungian Dreamwork.
- Cognitive and Behavioural therapy
- Anger and stress management.
Accredited register membership
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Attachment disorder
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Panic disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
Other areas of counselling I deal with
£42 for an hour session. £35 for phone sessions. Reductions available where needed.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
I am available Mon-Weds including Mon and Tues evening.
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|