07974289811 / 07974 289811
I've been practising as a counsellor and psychotherapist for 24 years.
I did a three and a half year training originally and have done many further long and short courses and workshops especially in working with anxiety and trauma whether from childhood or more recently.
I am a caring and compassionate therapist with a lot of experience and understanding in the kinds of experiences and problems we can face in our lives and the impact they can have on us. I am accepting and a good listener.
I see many people suffering from stress, depression and anxiety.
I also see people who have experienced painful childhoods including emotional or physical abuse, separation and grief.
I am a carer for my husband who has Parkinsons disease.
I work from home, there is access for people with a disability if you can manage a few steps.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Post Graduate diploma in Core Process Psychotherapy [CPP] at the Karuna Institute leading to - Accreditation with UKCP [UK council for Psychotherapy].
- Anxiety and stress support and management
- Trauma Therapy.
- Neuroscience - how the brain works and develops and is affected by trauma, illness. How we think/feel and how to hep ourselves.
- Humanistic psychology
- Focusing - developing awareness of our body, the stress and tension we can carry in it and how to release it.
- Understanding attachment.
- Dissociation and trauma.
- Online seminar over 2 years on Principles and challenges of Trauma Treatment.
- Ecopsychology - the psychology of our relationship to nature and the environment.
- Jungian Dreamwork.
- Cognitive and Behavioural therapy
- Working with anger
- Gestalt therapy
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Anorexia nervosa
- Attachment disorder
- Binge-eating disorder
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Childhood bereavement
- Childhood bullying
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Depression and anxiety in children
- Domestic violence
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Narcissistic personality disorder
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Panic disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Personality disorders
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Postnatal depression
- Pregnancy and birth
- Relationship issues
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Separation and divorce
- Separation anxiety
- Sex problems
- Sexual abuse
- Work-related stress
- Young carers
Other areas of counselling I deal with
- Behavioural therapy
- Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT)
- Cognitive therapy
- Couples counselling
- Existential therapy
£40 for an hour session. £35 for phone sessions. Reductions available where needed.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
I am available in the week including some evenings.
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|