M. Martin-Lebert (Adv/Higher Dip.CP, MNCS ACC,Dip.MHpsych, Bsc. Hons psy & Cri
Sometimes in every one lives he/she experiences, loneliness, rejection, neglect, depression, anxiety, isolation or family member(s) suffering from dementia/mental illness and no one to support his/her psychological distress. Every individual copes with problems in different ways. As an integrative counsellor I don’t believes in ‘One size fits all’ rather than been on your own, don’t hesitate to call me I am here to listen without being judgemental, I will provide the time, place, space, and pace for you to feel safe in a therapeutic environment, We will attempt to build our relationship on trust, confidentiality and congruence, therefore pretence will be difficult to maintain throughout our therapeutic relationships.
Our first session is an attempt to build that therapeutic alliance as well as to discuss whether counselling will be right for you, this session will offer a lesser charge than what you will pay if you wish to continues counselling sessions.
My place of practice is easily accessible to buses which can takes you to the train station and parking can be found in the vicinity.
As an integrative therapeutic counsellor I am open to viewing everyone presenting problems and the perception they bring to the therapy. In order to have a psychological contact, firstly I offered Person Centred Therapy whereas this approach provides an atmosphere of acceptance and respect so that you can have a deep understanding of your self and a good climate so that you can have a personal growth. This therapy is about you and how you can help yourself. Everyone is unique in their own way; in their thoughts, feelings, behaviour, illness, attitude, appearance and the way they view the world and their coping strategies.
Secondly sometimes during therapeutic process you can feel stuck in which case other interventions can be integrated such as CBT, psych-education and motivational interviewing through those processes a way will provide to see the light at the end of your journey. I strongly believe that everyone cope on a different level and as such I adapt from a variety of skills, knowledge and experience to best suit a your specific needs and provide the appropriate environment for building a therapeutic alliance which can progress towards recovery.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Psychology and Criminology Bsc. (Hons)
- Psychotherapeutic Counselling Adv/Higher Dip. (MNCS) (ACC)
- Introduction to Counselling (Level 6)
- Psychiatric and Mental Illness (Diploma)
- Mental Health Nursing background (worked with a range of acute mental health problems, depression, suicide and self-harm and facilitated clients who experience dementia couple with psychological problems in a therapeutic setting
Two and Half years Placement with Drug and Alcohol services (I supported clients to reduce alcohol consumption to within recommended healthy levels.
- Treatment outcomes improving health and emotional well being and improving quality of life.
- Work with client using Person Centred Therapy alongside other integrated intervention/models
- Prepared and involved client in care plan assessed their psychological needs and facilitated their potential in reaching their goal.
Accredited register membership
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Bipolar disorder/Manic depression
- Carer support
- Domestic violence
- Drug abuse
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Hearing voices
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Panic disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Physical abuse
Other areas of counselling I deal with
* Carer experiencing someone with dementia and needs support
* Retired and alone
* Anger, frustration and emotional turmoil
Group Carers Counselling
* Offering support for carers of people with dementia or other terminal conditions
I offer a sliding scale payment system. Please call directly to discuss your individual circumstances
Carers Counselling for Group Session £15.00 (per person) click on website: www.reperciatherapy.vpweb.co.uk for more information
Short term and long term therapy offered
Short term = (12) twelve weeks
I have worked over seven years in private and public sector with people experiencing a range of mental illness such as dementia coupled with depression, anxiety and suicidal thoughts and ideations. I have also worked closely with family members of elderly loved one diagnosed with dementia who need psychological support to come to term with their loved ones illness
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Weekdays -evening - 6-8 pm, Daytime: Wednesday 09:-19:00 and Weekends: Saturday
Types of client