Mike Peet BA Dip.Couns Registered Member BACP.
From my own personal journey I know life can be hard enough, so to keep things simple:
Sessions are all about the you; and at your pace we can begin to look at your current concerns. Depending upon your own needs more cognitive approaches can be employed.
A priority is to provide a professional, calm, confidential and safe environment for the visiting client.
This will hopefully enable you to begin to look at your thoughts, feelings, emotions and behaviors in connection with life experiences and current concerns.
Living life on life's terms can at times be a challenge. Let's look at making some directional changes in your life which could help you to stop going down that same old road.
Over time we learn behaviors to help us get through our daily lives . At times it can benefit us to change those behaviors, perhaps learn new behaviors with the aim of gaining more beneficial results for us in our daily life's.
As a counsellor I have a foundation of fundamental values:
- Protecting the safety of clients
- Integrity of the Therapeutic relationship
- Reducing personal distress and suffering
Presenting issues I specialise in:
- Alcohol issues
- Drug Issues including prescribed medication
- Personal trauma
- Anger issues
- Low self esteem or self worth
- Negative automatic patterns of thinking
- Confidence issues / self confidence
- People pleasing issues
- Work related issues; such as stress
- Self harm
- Suicidal thoughts
- Life planning
- Goal setting and realistic achievement
Training, qualifications & experience
- Diploma in Therapeutic Counselling and Psychotherapy
- Certificate in Counselling and Psychotherapy
- BA in Institutional Management
- Integrative Counselling skills
- Certificate in Choice Theory & Reality Therapy
- Completed Acceptance and Commitment therapy workshop
- Attendance at Anger workshop
- Attendance at Esteem Workshop
As a counsellor my work and experience is varied. I work within a rehabilitation center, specialising in alcohol and drug dependency issues.
Counselling within this environment is 'solution focused' due to the majority of clients having limited time for therapy. Therefore Reality/Choice therapy is used which employs cognitive behavioral techniques.
I also work for Parabl on a one to one basis (which is a service offered through Vale of Clwyd Mind), I am seeing clients on a GP referral basis at various locations within the Denbighshire community.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Antisocial personality disorder
- Body dysmorphic disorder
- Dependent personality disorder
- Domestic violence
- Drug abuse
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Internet addiction
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Narcissistic personality disorder
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Obsessive-compulsive personality disorder
- Panic disorder
- Paranoid personality disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Personality disorders
- Physical abuse
Other areas of counselling I deal with
Disassociation of thoughts
- Acceptance and commitment therapy (ACT)
- Behavioural therapy
- Cognitive and behavioural therapies
- Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT)
- £35 per hour for individual counselling.
- Reduced fee of £25 per hour for students/special financial circumstances.
- Trainee Counsellors £25 per hour.
Currently unavailable on Saturdays and Sundays.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
After initial contact is made, a mutually convenient time will set up for one to one sessions. I am currently unavailable Saturdays/Sundays.
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|