Michelle Rowberry Accredited CBT Therapist (BSc,MSc, PgDip CBT)
Renaissance Therapy Centre
10A Station Road
I am a friendly and non judgemental Cognitive Behavioural Therapist (CBT) accredited through the BABCP. I have over eight years worth of experience working therapeutically in a variety of settings.
CBT is highly effective for those suffering
- anxiety (including generalised anxiety disorder)
- panic disorder
- social anxiety
- Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
- specific phobias
- Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder PTSD,
- low self-esteem or low self-confidence
- poor assertion or problem solving skills
The approach helps us to understand how our difficulties may have developed and how best to move forward. Very often we can feel negative towards ourselves and therefore, it maybe helpful for us to work towards viewing ourselves in a more positive manner. CBT has a strong evidence base for recovery and longer lasting effects.
Upon first contact, I am always keen to establish what you are looking to achieve from therapy and to ensure that your sessions are personalised to you. This enables treatment to be individualised and aims to introduce strategies to aid you reach your goals. As sessions progress, I am always keen to welcome your feedback to ensure you are finding therapy helpful to succeed.
Therapy can be short or long term - the number of sessions required depends on your own personal needs. There is no commitment to sign up to more sessions than you feel necessary. Weekly sessions would be recommended, although realistic expectations of therapy will be discussed with you.
Training, qualifications & experience
Alongside my private work, I work for a charity specialising in trauma focussed therapy to treat war veterans with PTSD. Overall, I have over eight years experience working within therapeutic settings in a variety of roles, including specialist areas: ChildLine, Acquired Brain Injury, primary and secondary services, children's services and disability sport.
CBT High Intensity Post Graduate Diploma (including ACT therapy)
Clinical Application of Psychology MSc
Human Psychology (with integrated placement year) BSc
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Anger management
- Asperger's syndrome
- Carer support
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Domestic violence
- Emotional abuse
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Internet addiction
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Panic disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Personality disorders
Free 15 minute telephone enquiry - no obligation for therapy
- £40 per 50 minute session.
- Discount for block bookings.
- Concession rates available.
- Payment taken in cash, debit card or credit card at session.
- Sessions are at the Renaissance Therapy Centre, which is a discreet location just behind Harborne High Street. On street parking is available and it is accessible by local bus routes through Harborne.
- Please be aware that cancellation of appointment within 24hrs of appointment or DNA will incur 50% session fee to cover costs.
Please feel free to send me an email, text/whatsapp or to give me a call. If I am unable to speak immediately, I am likely to be with a client, so please leave me a message and I will endeavour to get back to you.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
|Other languages:||although willing to work through professional interpretor if required|
Evenings, weekends and bank holidays
Types of client