Michelle Haywood MBACP
Do you need someone to talk to? Are you struggling with daily life and its stresses?
I am a qualified and experienced counsellor working with clients age 16 and above and I have been working for the last 9 years with males and females who have personal experiences of violence including domestic and sexual violence and childhood abuse. This involves people who are suffering reactions to trauma such as depression, anxiety, relationship and other mental health issues.
Together, we will explore your thoughts and feelings to help you make sense of what is going on in your life. I am totally non-judgmental and I can help you to discover what changes you want to make in order to alleviate your pain and feelings of helplessness. I am a great believer that a good counsellor will help to empower their client and encourage growth rather than give advice. My role is simply to travel with you on your journey whilst you are trying to navigate a pathway through your issues.
My office is based in Bromsgrove town centre with ample local parking nearby. It is also a 2 minute walk away from the bus terminal in Bromsgrove (opposite Asda).
Training, qualifications & experience
- Diploma in Counselling
- Member of the BACP
- Qualified ISVA (Independent Sexual Violence Advisor) with 9 years experience
- Certificate in Counselling Proficiency Skills (BACP)
- Trans-Hate Crime
- Criminal Justice System/Court Training
- DID/Awareness and Trauma Training
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Anorexia nervosa
- Antisocial personality disorder
- Attachment disorder
- Attachment disorder in children
- Avoidant personality disorder
- Behaviour problems
- Binge-eating disorder
- Bipolar disorder/Manic depression
- Body dysmorphic disorder
- Borderline personality disorder
- Bulimia nervosa
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Childhood bereavement
- Childhood bullying
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Dependent personality disorder
- Depression and anxiety in children
- Domestic violence
- Drug abuse
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Gender dysphoria
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Hearing voices
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Narcissistic personality disorder
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Obsessive-compulsive personality disorder
- Panic disorder
- Paranoid personality disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Personality disorders
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Postnatal depression
- Pregnancy and birth
- Relationship issues
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Separation and divorce
- Separation anxiety
- Sexual abuse
- Suicidal thoughts
- Work-related stress
- Young carers
- Behavioural therapy
- Cognitive and behavioural therapies
- Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT)
- Cognitive therapy
- Human Givens psychotherapy
I offer a reasonably priced counselling service in order to make quality counselling available to everyone.
Individual sessions start from £30 (reduction if block booked and paid for in advance)
Each session is 50 minutes to 1 hour long and will be on a weekly basis.
Short and longer term counselling is offered dependant on circumstances and need - to be agreed by both parties
I am available weekends and some evenings - to be arranged.
A free telephone consultation is provided initially to assess suitability, issues to be addressed and availability.
I work with both males and females.
I respect diversity and disability but unfortunately the centre is not wheelchair accessible.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Midweek Evenings - 6pm - 8pm / Weekends - 11am - 5pm
Types of client