Michelle Farrar, Grad Dip MBACP
I am an experienced person-centred counsellor based in Congleton, committed to providing a high quality professional practice. I offer a safe and respectful environment to enable you to explore your issues in a non-judgemental confidential space. Counselling is tailored to suit your individual needs, be that short or long term therapy. I may draw on other approaches such as CBT and solution focused therapy, or use creative interventions such as mindfulness, drawing and visualisation when appropriate.
I offer counselling to Children (5+), Young People, Adults and Family Groups.
I hold a valid Enchanced DBS Certificate.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Graduate Diploma in Counselling from the Metropolitan University of Manchester
- Certificate of Proficiency in Counselling from the BACP (British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy)
- Intermediate Multi-Agency Safeguarding
- Level 1 Safeguarding Children
- Working with Families
- Working with Blended Families
- Working with Conflict within Families
- Working Creatively with Families
- CBT with Eating Disorders
- ASIST in Suicidal First Aid
- Working with Suicidal Clients
- Sexual Abuse/Violence Awareness
- Behavioural Activation in Depression
- Working with Trauma
- Erotic Transference
- Inner Child
- Class Issues in Counselling
- Equality & Diversity
- Responding to Conflict
2,000+ hours working with Children & Young People and Adults for local charities.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Anger management
- Asperger's syndrome
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Domestic violence
- Eating disorders
- Hearing voices
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Passive aggressive behaviour
Children, Young People & Adults - £40 per 1 hour session.
Family Groups - £50 per 1 hour session.
Student Counsellors - £30 per 1 hour session.
I work in a room situated on the outskirts of Congleton town centre, which offers both convenience and discretion.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Weekdays and limited availability Early Evenings and Saturdays
Types of client