Michele Mennitto (Menny) PgDip Supervision, PgDip Couns (CYP), Dip Couns MBACP
Rhondda Cynon Taff
I am a qualified and experienced counsellor and a Registered Member of the BACP.
Michele? I am Italian, hence the reason for the unusual spelling of my name.
Sometimes a problem may have been around for a long time or may be a sudden loss, traumatic event or an unplanned change in your life circumstances has left you unable to cope as you once was used to.
May be you are the concerned parent of an adolescent, or you may have a number of other reasons as to why you are seeking professional help at this time.
My aim in counselling is to help you take the lead and explore the issues you bring to the session, so that - if it is appropriate and useful - you could gain a different perspective that could allow you to give a more personal meaning to your experience.
This could lead to the outcome you was hoping for, or - may be - to make the first step on the path of longer term goal.
Whatever the reason for accessing counselling is, I am aware - from my own experience as a client - that to take this step and to talk to a complete stranger, it is far from easy.
You can rest assured that I will do my best to guarantee you the delivery of a discrete, confidential, ethical, and professional service where you will be listened, you will not be judged and where your individual uniqueness is valued and fostered.
Most clients ask me how long counselling will last; as time goes by this question becomes increasingly difficult to answer. I have seen clients for as little as 2 sessions and some for a longer period of time; therefore number of sessions and frequency of attendance will be your choice as you are in charge of the whole process.
It is important that you chose the most appropriate therapist and that person may not be me; for this reason you can ask the questions you may have during our initial contact (details below) and during the first session.
You can contact me by e-mail, by phone, or by text message; I will try my best to get back to you as soon as possible.
I am happy to answer queries from parents and/or guardians of young teenagers, young people's right to access confidential counselling and how this will affect any future interaction with you will be discussed during our phone consultation, however the young person voluntary participation is essential and this will be ascertained during the course of the assessment session.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Level 2 Certificate in Counselling Skills AQA
- Level 4 Diploma in Therapeutic Counselling AQA
- Level 7 Post Graduate Diploma in Counselling Children & young People USW
Due to begin October 2015 (Level 7 Post Graduate Diploma in Consultative Supervision)
- P2b Making Endings with Children
- BAAF L3 Safeguarding
- Working with Suicidal Clients (Alex Drummond)
- STOP IT NOW Preventing Sexual Abuse
- Drug Aid
- Melody Cranbourne-Rosser Broadening Horizons
- Using Arts in Therapy
- Trainee Counsellor in GP practice 2011/12
- Place2Be Volunteer Counsellor 2012
- Almond Tree Counselling Service, Senior Counsellor & in-house Supervisor,2013/Current
- Private Practice, 2013/Current
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Attachment disorder
- Bipolar disorder/Manic depression
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Domestic violence
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Panic disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
Other areas of counselling I deal with
I have experience in working with pre-adolescent children and teenagers with history of trauma and abuse.
FEES FOR 60 MINUTES SESSION
- Tue-Wed £30 First Session £40 each session thereafter (ADULT)
- £25 First Session £35 Each Session Thereafter (13 to 18)
- 10 Mandatory Sessions for Trainee Counsellors £300
- Corporate Clients £45
- Should you have a concern for a child under the age of 11, feel free to e-mail me and a meeting may be necessary before therapy can begin. I will answer all the questions you may have and guide you through the model I use with young children and the level of involvement that may be required from you depending on the child's age and issues brought to therapy.Fees will be negotiated at this stage.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Available Tuesdays Wednesdays, Saturday-Sundays.
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|
Supervision & training
I am experienced in supervising counsellors working with children and young people in a number of settings; i do however offer supervision to counsellors working mainly or only with adult clients - there is always an inner child to take care of.View supervision profile