I work with adults, young people and children from my peaceful garden studio.
Needing support from time to time is part of making us human. Making better sense of our thoughts and feelings in a secure and safe place can often help us to understand what is going on for us at any time.
I will aim to provide emotional support and facilitate emotional growth and healing. This can be an opportunity to talk openly and confidentially about your feelings that you may not ordinarily be able to do with friends and family. When feelings become bottled up especially, frustration, anger, grief, or fear, having someone to talk to gives you the opportunity to explore these thoughts and feelings through the counselling process aiming to make them easier to understand.
Relationship issues can also become a real struggle for many of us, and having someone to talk these through with can often help provide clarity and a re framing that helps better understand our ways of relating to other people.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Therapeutic Integrative Diploma in Counselling (MBACP)
- Post-qualifying Diploma in Counselling Children and Young People
- Foundation Level in Systemic Family Therapy (Accredited by Institute of Family Therapists)
- Award in Education and Training; Teaching Adult in the Lifelong Learning Sector
- Accredited to provide Positive Parenting (Triple P)
- Cruse bereavement trained.
- Alcohol Brief Interventions training.
- Understanding domestic abuse in teenage relationships.
- Rewind Trauma Therapy for PTSD.
- Regular practice of Mindfulness based cognitive therapy as I have a keen interest in working in the 'here and now' awareness to help clients with anxiety and stress.
My experience includes:
Adult counselling in Weston Super Mare where I worked with a varied client group.
Bereavement support through Cruse.
Complex Level 3 Family work for Somerset County Council.
Currently, working part-time as a school counsellor.
I am qualified to run groups and have also facilitated Parenting Support Groups based on emotional and behavioural issues that parents may struggle with in the home.
Special Interest: Using Mindfulness Based Cognitive Therapy to help clients stay grounded in the present moment. Strategies for parents that may understandably struggle with understanding children's development and emotions.
I also undertake ongoing professional and personal development and have regular supervision.
Currently completing Intermediate level Systemic Family Therapy at Plymouth University accredited by the Association of Family Therapists.
Areas of counselling I deal with
Other areas of counselling I deal with
Helping to combat Anxiety and Stress through Mindfulness Based Cognitive Therapy and counselling.
Positive Parenting Strategies.
Emotional and Behavioural Coaching with children and young people.
Photos & videos
Free first introductory half hour.
£40 per 50 minute session.
Fully DBS checked.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Types of client