Melissa Stockley MBACP , Dip Counselling , BA (Hons)
Purewell Therapy Centre
If you are feeling that you struggling with anxiety ( Generalised Anxiety Disorder) , depression or are generally feeling stressed and dissatisfied then counselling might offer you the chance to talk about how you feel, and the changes you would like to make in your life.
I am a fully trained counsellor who has studied TA, Gestalt and person centred therapies, as well as CBT so I would aim to use these with you where appropriate. I work with both adults and children and can tailor sessions to suit your specific needs. I provide a welcoming space where you can talk about your thoughts and feelings without fear of being judged or told what to do.
I work with many issues including relationships, grief, depression, bi polar and anxiety, and believe that people can find their own solutions with support and understanding.
I am a member of the BACP and work within their ethical framework to ensure the best service for you.
Training, qualifications & experience
- CPCAB Level 2 Certificate in Counselling Skills
- CPCAB Level 3 Certificate in Counselling Studies
- CPCAB Level 4 Diploma in Therapeutic Counselling
- CPCAB Level 5 Diploma in Cognitive Behavioural Therapeutic Skills and Theory
- Voluntary work at Cruse bereavement care with both adults and children
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Bipolar disorder/Manic depression
- Child related issues
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Domestic violence
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Obsessive-compulsive personality disorder
- Panic disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
£35 per 50 minute session , although this can be negotiated if affordability is an issue .
I offer a reduced rate for Level 4 counselling students .
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
I work normal office hours and also offer some evening and weekend sessions
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|