Melanie Key BSc (Hons), Dip Couns, MBACP (Reg)
101 Speldhurst Road
Are you experiencing emotional or relational difficulties, feeling anxious or depressed, suffering from trauma or bereavement, or maybe just feeling stuck and unsure of how to move forward ? I work with couples, individuals and groups, offering both short term counselling and longer term psychotherapy. I provide a safe and confidential space for you to talk, so that together we can explore the difficulties you are facing and begin to understand what may be getting in the way of you enjoying life to the full.
I work closely with you towards an accurate understanding of your feelings, thoughts, and behaviours with a view to helping you resolve any difficulties. The therapeutic relationship is crucial to provide both support and challenge, and together we will seek to help you gain personal insight and develop strategies for change, with the ultimate aim being to help you gain an improved sense of emotional wellbeing.
With couples I help you to explore your relationship, to understand the dynamics or patterns between you, and to bring you to a deeper understanding of the core issues so that difficulties and conflicts can be addressed and resolved, and you can move forward, in whatever way is right for you.
Taking the first step into counselling can be scary and often requires courage, but the benefits make that first step worthwhile.
Please email me or call me and leave a message with your contact details and I will aim to get back to you within 24 hours or sooner. I am happy to speak on the phone if you wish to discuss anything further or to make arrangements for an initial session.
I suggest an initial session - at my standard fee - where we can meet and talk, and it is an opportunity for us both to ask any questions and together decide how to proceed. You are not obliged to book any further sessions.
I have therapy rooms in both Ealing and in Chiswick.
- Relationship counselling.
- Trauma, history of abuse.
- loss and bereavement.
- Anxiety, depression.
- Attachment disorders and the impact on patterns of relating and relationship dynamics
- Parenting issues and post-natal depression.
- Personality disorders.
Training, qualifications & experience
- I have completed four years Advanced Training in Psychotherapy with the Metanoia Institute, London and Middlesex University.
- I hold a post graduate Diploma in Psychotherapeutic counselling and am in the final stages of training as a Transactional Analyst.
- Certificate in Couples counselling (Metanoia Institute)
- Certificate in Attachment and neuroscience (Metanoia Institute)
- BSc health studies (Surrey University)
I have additional training in:
Couples work (Tavistock relationship clinic)
Attachment and neuroscience
I previously worked for a bereavement agency, and for Ealing Abbey counselling service, for two and a half years.
I have a background in nursing and health visiting and 20 years experience in the NHS
Professional bodies I am a member with:
- BACP (British Association of Counsellors and Psychotherapists)
- UKCP (United Kingdom Council for Psychotherapy)
- EATA (European Institute of Transactional Analysis)
- Metanoia Institute
- IARTA (International Association of Relational Analysts)
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Attachment disorder
- Child related issues
- Eating disorders
- Family issues
- Gender dysphoria
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Personality disorders
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
£50 per individual session
£70 per couples session
I am a registered member of the British Association of Counselling and Psychotherapy (MBACP) and the United Kingdom Council of Psychotherapy (UKCP) and I adhere to their code of ethics.
I am also a member of EATA (European Association of Transactional Analysis), IARTA (International Association of Relational Transactional Analysis) and the Metanoia Institute.
I hold public liability insurance and have a current DBS check certificate
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|