Melanie Key BSc (Hons), Dip Couns, MBACP (Reg)
Are you struggling with relationship difficulties, dealing with a bereavement, or suffering from anxiety, depression or low self esteem? You may feel stuck and unsure of how to deal with it. I work with couples, individuals and groups, offering both long and short term counselling and psychotherapy. I also run a bereavement support group. My aim is to help you develop an improved sense of emotional wellbeing and find a more satisfying way of being in life and in your relationships.
I provide a safe, confidential, and non judgemental space in which to explore any difficult issues. I trained in Relational Transactional Analysis, which is an approach that offers insight into how we operate within ourselves and within relationships. I work closely with you towards an accurate understanding of your feelings, thoughts, and behaviours with a view to helping you resolve any difficulties.
With couples I help you to explore your relationship, to understand the dynamics or patterns between you, and to bring a deeper understanding to the core issues so that difficulties and conflicts can be addressed and resolved, and you can move forward, in whatever way is right for you.
I also facilitate a bereavement support group on a Tuesday evening. This group offers bereavement support to people affected by loss, and gives you the opportunity to share your experiences, and the difficult feelings and thoughts you may be encountering, and helps with the process of grieving.
Taking the first step into counselling can be scary and often requires courage, but the benefits make that first step worthwhile.
Please email me or call me and leave a message and contact details and I will get back to you within 24 hours or sooner. I am happy to speak on the phone if you wish to discuss anything further or to make arrangements for an initial session.
- Relationship counselling,
- Anxiety, depression.
- Loss and bereavement
- Attachment and neuroscience and the impact on patterns of relating and relationship dynamics
- Parenting issues and post-natal depression.
* Please note the therapy room is up a flight of stairs.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Post graduate Diploma in Psychotherapeutic counselling (Metanoia Institute)
- MSc (final stages) in Relational Transactional Analysis Psychotherapy (Middlesex university)
- Certificate in Couples counselling (Metanoia Institute)
- Certificate in Attachment and neuroscience (Metanoia Institute)
- BSc health studies (Surrey University)
I have additional training in:
Couples work (TCCR)
I previously worked for a bereavement agency, and for Ealing Abbey counselling service, for two and a half years.
I have a background in nursing and health visiting and 20 years experience in the NHS
Professional bodies I am a member with:
- BACP (British Association of Counsellors and Psychotherapists)
- UKCP (United Kingdom Council for Psychotherapy)
- EATA (European Institute of Transactional Analysis)
- Metanoia Institute
- IARTA (International Association of Relational Analysts)
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Attachment disorder
- Child related issues
- Eating disorders
- Family issues
- Gender dysphoria
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Personality disorders
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
£45 per 50 minutes for individual therapy day time
£60 per 50 minutes for couples therapy (or £90 per 75 minutes couples therapy)
I am a registered member of the British Association of Counselling and Psychotherapy (MBACP) and the United Kingdom Council of Psychotherapy (UKCP) and I adhere to their code of ethics.
I am also a member of EATA (European Association of Transactional Analysis), IARTA (International Association of Relational Transactional Analysis) and the Metanoia Institute.
I hold public liability insurance and have a current DBS check certificate
I offer both short and long term counselling/psychotherapy.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Currently no evening availability.
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|