Melanie Buttery MNCS (Acc.)
Hello, my name is Melanie Buttery and I have over 6 years experience and offer Counselling, Psychotherapy, Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT), Mindfulness, Hypnotherapy, and Emotional Freedom Technique (EFT) to adults, couples and young people. My private practice is based in Trowse, Norwich, Norfolk, NR1, UK and I offer integrated solutions and strategies for a whole range of issues and support for personal growth. Including using energy therapies on a body and emotional level to resolve old negative emotional learning, that often creates dysfunctional life patterns, behaviours and physical symptoms.
Although I cover a whole range of presenting issues. My experience is greater in the areas of stress, anxiety, depression, excessive worrying, low self-esteem, low confidence, sexual/physical/emotional abuse, problematic relationships, grief/loss, separation and divorce, bullying, anger management, and negative view of self.
As an holistic integrative counsellor/therapist I combine both traditional and alternative methods into the therapeutic session, whilst maintaining a strong focus on the therapeutic relationship established with clients. I offer you the opportunity to be heard without judgement, and endeavour to create a nurturing, safe environment built on respect, integrity and understanding. A place where you can explore your circumstances, understand your feelings, thoughts & behaviours. So that you will be better able to decide what you want to do, and how you can achieve the changes you want to make. During therapy I will strive to help you increase your sense of wholeness and value, self-reliance, self-trust and self-efficacy. Through therapy my aim is to help you feel empowered to live the life you deserve, and provide you with the tools that will enable you to become your own inner therapist.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Advanced diploma in Counselling and Psychotherapy – Accredited Member of The National Counselling Society MNCS (Acc.)
- Diploma in Hypnotherapy
- Child Psychology Diploma Level 4 (O.A. Dip, Level 4 Certificate of Achievement awarded by ABC Awards)
- Counselling Children and Adolescents Diploma Level 4 (O.A. Dip, Level 4 Certificate of Achievement awarded by ABC Awards)
- EFT Level 3 Advanced Practitioner - Accredited Certified Member of Association for the Advancement of Meridian Energy Techniques, AAMET (Acc.)
- Sociology A'Level
Uncompromised Life Programme (Marisa Peer) – Using the power of hypnosis to transform your life covering confidence, self-esteem, career success, relationships, self-belief and work ethic.
Accredited register membership
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Domestic violence
- Drug abuse
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Internet addiction
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Panic disorder
- Behavioural therapy
- Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT)
- Cognitive therapy
- Couples counselling
- Gestalt therapy
The ability to improve our well being, happiness and health in terms of monetary value £ is priceless. I strongly believe that choosing a therapist that is right for you, is the most important part of therapy. I therefore offer a reduced rate 1 hour consultation/taster session, whereby I will gather information to obtain an understanding of your current difficulties, explain the different therapies that I offer, and get straight to work on your current difficulties . The consultation will also focus on agreeing how we will work together, whether I feel I can help and my answering any questions you may have. It also gives you the opportunity to assess if counselling, psychotherapy, hypnotherapy, CBT, EFT or life coaching is right for you, and a general getting to know each other time.
My standard fees per 1 hour session are as follows:
- Consultation/taster 1 hour session fee is £20
- Individual Counselling, Psychotherapy, Mindfulness, CBT 1 hour session is £40
- Couples Counselling 1 hour session is £50
- Life coaching 1 hour session is £40
- Emotional Freedom Technique (EFT) 1 hour session is £40
- EFT Group weight loss (maximum of 4 people) 1.5 hour session at £80
- My standard fee for hypnotherapy is £50 per hour.
- Hypnotherapy Programmes including MP3 Recordings:
* Quit smoking (consultation & 1 hypnotherapy session) £100
* Irritable Bowel Syndrome (7 Sessions) £250
* Weight Loss (3 Sessions) £175
* Pregnancy and childbirth (3 sessions at 1st, 2nd & 3rd trimester) £175
Fees are due at the end of each session in the form of cash or cheque. Or for online bank transfers and PayPal, payment is required prior to the session. For telephone counselling payment is due prior to the session starting, via online bank transfer or pre-banked cheque.
Sessions are available on weekdays, both daytime and evenings. There is also limited availability for Saturday appointments.
Also subject to prior agreement I can offer to see clients at various locations, or in the convenience of their own home, and offer telephone therapy sessions.
I have a 24 hour cancellation policy in place, and failure to meet this notice period will result in the full session fee being charged. Allowances will be made where there are excruciating circumstances.
You can out more about me and my therapy styles by clicking on the link at the top of this page, which will direct to my mjbcounselling website.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Weekdays - both daytime and evenings
Types of client