Maxine Robbins, BACP(Accred) - Individuals & Couples,
162-166 High Street
0771 400 2441
Whatever your present problem, whether it be a personal difficulty or a challenging situation, taking time-out and investing in yourself is often the most life enhancing step you can ever take. Finding the right environment in which to safely discuss and sensitively be supported is the next step.
I am an Accredited BACP Counsellor (Accred/Reg) and qualified Psychotherapist with many years experience of helping people through difficult times. I offer a compassionate approach to counselling where you and your situation will be sensitively considered and help you find the best way forward at your own pace and in your own way.
I truly believe that, given the right environment, away from the continuous noise of everyday life, everyone has the capacity to resolve whatever is troubling them in a way that helps them grow from the experience.
Areas of specialism are:
- Relationship/marital Issues, infidelity, breakdowns & conflict;
- Struggling with meaning, purpose & decision making (Mid -life crisis & any crisis)
- Couples Counselling, repairing & co-creating healthy relationships.
- Career development & work related counselling.
- Addictive & compulsive behaviour; both substance (alcohol/drugs/smoking/food) & process (sex/gambling/internet/social media compulsion/body issues)
- Mental Health, depression & anxiety, OCD, eating disorders & mental health issues.
- Bereavement & Sudden Loss
- Trauma & Abuse, (Physical, Emotional or Verbal).
I often work with people who are at a ‘crossroads’ in their lives. At these times they often feel stuck, overwhelmed and at a loss as to what to do. They are struggling to hold it-all-together and truly want things to change. Whatever is troubling you I can help by giving you a quiet, accepting and confidential space, away from the noise and busyness of everyday life, where you can start to make sense of your life for yourself.
I work with both individual and couples.
I have a Practice in Berkhamsted, Hertfordshire
Appointments times are available week days & evenings
Please visit my website for further information - www.maxinerobbins.co.uk
Training, qualifications & experience
- Post-Grade Diploma in Contemporary Psychotherapy (Ericksonian Psychotherapy, Solution-focused & Mindfulness)
- Diploma in Counselling, (Person-Centred, Humanistic & Existential);
- Master Practitioner's Certificate in Systemic NLP (Life coaching & Somatic reprocessing)
- Psychology BSc (Hons);
Registered & Accredited MBACP, CCP & ANLP.
I abide by BACP & UKCP Ethical Frameworks and adhere to the Professional Code of Practise.
Experience of psychotherapy practice within:
- The NHS;
- Addiction Agencies;
- Higher Education/Universities;
- Bereavement Agencies;
- Mental Health Organisations.
Additional training in:
- Mindfulness and Meditation;
- CRUSE Bereavement Care;
- NLP & Generative Life Coaching;
- Addiction Training in substance misuse;
- Ericksonian Non-Directive Hypnotherapy;
- Somatic Reprogramming for Trauma & PTS;
- Group facilitation;
- EFT - Emotional Freedom Technique.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Binge-eating disorder
- Bipolar disorder/Manic depression
- Bulimia nervosa
- Domestic violence
- Drug abuse
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Internet addiction
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Panic disorder
- Personality disorders
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
£55 an hour for individuals & £75 for couples;
Concessions available, please contact me for further information.
Individual & Couples counselling
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Available weekdays and evenings
Types of client
Supervision & training
I am an Integrative Supervisor with a strong Person-Centred foundation and Mindfulness Practices.View supervision profile