Maxine Robbins, MBACP(Accred) - Individuals & Couples,
162-166 High Street
0771 400 2441
Whatever your present problem, whether it be a personal difficulty or a challenging situation, taking time-out and investing in yourself is often the most life enhancing step you can ever take. Finding the right environment in which to safely discuss and sensitively be supported is the next step.
I am an Accredited BACP Counsellor (Accred/Reg) and qualified Psychotherapist with many years experience of helping people through difficult times. I offer a compassionate approach to counselling where you and your situation will be sensitively considered. Counselling can help touch the core of the problem and through this process real and substantial change can be made.
I truly believe that, given the right environment, away from the continuous noise of everyday life, everyone has the capacity to resolve whatever is troubling them in a way that helps them grow from the experience.
Areas of specialism are:
- Relationship/marital Issues, infidelity, breakdowns & conflict;
- Struggling with meaning & purpose;
- Career development & work-related counselling;
- Addictive & compulsive behaviour;
- Mental Health, depression, anxiety (GADs), eating disorders & mental health issues.
- Bereavement & loss.
I work with a wide variety of people, often when, for whatever reason, they feel stuck, overwhelmed and at a loss as to what to do. What has worked in the past is no longer working and they truly want things to change. Whatever is troubling you, I can help by offering you a quiet, accepting and confidential place, away from the busyness of everyday life, where you can explore at depth your present concerns and worries.
I work with both individual and couples (18yrs upwards) and my practice is in Berkhamsted, Hertfordshire
Appointments times are available week days & evenings
Please visit my website for further information - www.maxinerobbins.co.uk
Training, qualifications & experience
- Post-Grade Diploma in Contemporary Psychotherapy (Ericksonian Psychotherapy, Solution-focused & Mindfulness)
- Diploma in Counselling, (Person-Centred, Humanistic & Existential);
- Certificate in Supervision
- Certificate in Couples Counselling
- Certificate in Generative Coaching (Robert Dilts & Stephen Gilligan)
- Master Practitioner's Certificate in Systemic NLP (Life coaching & Somatic reprocessing)
- Psychology BSc (Hons);
Registered & Accredited MBACP
I abide by BACP Ethical Framework and adhere to it's Professional Code of Practise.
Experience of psychotherapy practice within:
- The NHS;
- Addiction Agencies;
- Higher Education/Universities;
- Bereavement Agencies;
- Mental Health Organisations.
Additional training in:
- Mindfulness and Meditation;
- CRUSE Bereavement Care;
- NLP & Generative Life Coaching;
- Addiction Training in substance misuse;
- Ericksonian Non-Directive Hypnotherapy;
- Somatic Reprogramming for Trauma & PTS;
- Group facilitation;
- EFT - Emotional Freedom Technique.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Domestic violence
- Drug abuse
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Internet addiction
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Panic disorder
- Personality disorders
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
Standard fee is £55 per hour
Individual & Couples counselling
Concessions available, please contact me for further information.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Available weekdays, evenings & weekends
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|
Supervision & training
I offer supervision to counsellors, psychotherapists, life coaches & those in the helping professions.View supervision profile