01413 320017 / 07970 909373
I am an integrative psychotherapist with skills in hypnosis and EMDR. My desire is to provide a safe boundaried space in which the client can risk being themselves. Each client is unique and with a spirit of compassionate curiosity they teach me how to be with them on their journey of discovery.
I have been a practicing dentist in the field of oral surgery but for years I have had a keen interest in what motivates a person from surviving to thriving. After many years experience working with phobic and anxious patients I decided to pursue further studies in the field of psychology, counselling and psychotherapy.
My work with a homeless charity and Samaritans have afforded me the privilege of accompanying those struggling with the difficulties of life. These experiences ignited an already enquiring mind and I have furthered my knowledge by doing certificate courses in CBT, EMDR and spiritual direction. I also have a certificate in Hypnosis from the Medical and Dental Hypnosis Society. My great interest is in the work of Jung and the influence of the unconscious both personally and collectively.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Batchelor of Dental Surgery
- Batchelor of Science Psychology honours
- Counselling skills certificate
- EMDR part 1 and EMDR part 2
- Certificate in spiritual direction
- Postgraduate Diploma in counseling and psychotherapy
- NICE accredited cognitive behavioural skills certificate
- Hypnosis certificate (Medical and Dental Hypnosis Society)
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Anger management
- Anorexia nervosa
- Asperger's syndrome
- Attachment disorder
- Binge-eating disorder
- Bipolar disorder/Manic depression
- Body dysmorphic disorder
- Bulimia nervosa
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Domestic violence
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Gender dysphoria
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Hearing voices
- Internet addiction
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Panic disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
£60 per session.
Please call 07970909373 or email email@example.com to arrange an appointment. At out first session you have the opportunity to explore what you would like to get from psychotherapy.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
I work from home and am happy to see clients between 7am and 8pm. I also work on a Saturday morning.
Types of client