Marriage Care Portsmouth
Marriage Care Northamptonshire
0800 389 3801
We are a national charity, specialising in couple relationships.
Marriage Care helps couples and individuals build and sustain strong, fulfilling healthy relationships, as well as providing counselling support in times of relationship difficulty. And we’ve been doing this for over 65 years.
Our vision is a society in which all adults can build and sustain strong, fulfilling, healthy relationships.
We are doing what we can towards achieving this vision by offering relationship education initiatives, marriage preparation services and relationship counselling to all, regardless of ability to pay.
We have over 200 counsellors offering their time and expertise at almost 100 locations across England and Wales, so you’ll probably find us in a community near you.
With over 700 couple relationship specialists and support team members, who generously volunteer their time and expertise on a regular basis, we are the second largest relationship support provider in England and Wales.
- Relationship counselling
- Marriage preparation courses
- Facilitation of the FOCCUS programme
- Relationship education
Training, qualifications & experience
All of our counsellors are trained relationship counsellors, or in training. Our training is validated by the BACP. Many of the counsellors are also qualified individual counsellors.
Member organisations *
Areas of counselling we deal with
Other areas of counselling we deal with
We offer counselling from almost 100 locations in England and Wales, as shown below:
- Barnet & Enfield - Finsbury Park (N4), Oakwood (N14)
- Birmingham - (B27)
- Blackheath - (SE3)
- Blackpool & the Fylde - (FY1)
- Bournemouth - Bournemouth (BH2), Christchurch (BH23)
- Brighton - (BN1)
- Bristol - (BS8)
- Cardiff - (CF11)
- Carlisle - (CA1)
- Chelmsford - Chelmsford (CM1), South Woodham Ferrers (CM3)
- Colchester - (CO3)
- Coventry - (CV1)
- Crawley - (RH10)
- Croydon - Purley (CR8)
- Eastbourne - Eastbourne (BN23), Seaford (BN25)
- Gloucestershire - Cheltenham (GL50)
- Hereford - (HR8)
- Ilford - Ilford (IG3), Romford (RM6)
- Ipswich - (IP1)
- Leeds & Middlesbrough - Darlington (DL3), Hebden Bridge (HX7), Leeds (LS6), Middlesbrough (TS7), Newton Aycliffe (DL5)
- Lincolnshire - Grimsby (DN34), Lincoln (LN2)
- Liverpool & Wirral - Liverpool (L17), Maghull (L31)
- London - Notting Hill (W11), Stockwell (SW8)
- Manchester - Bolton (BL1), Manchester (M15), Prestwich (M25)
- Medway Towns - Chatham (ME4), Sevenoaks (TN13)
- Milton Keynes - West Bletchley (MK3), Bedford (MK40)
- Newmarket - Ely (CB6), Newmarket (CB8)
- Newport - (NP20)
- Norfolk - Diss (IP22), Norwich (NR2)
- Northamptonshire - Northampton (NN1)
- North East Hants - Aldershot (GU11), Camberley (GU15), Addlestone (KT15)
- North Staffs - Stoke-on-Trent (ST3)
- Nottingham - Nottingham (NG1), Derby (DE22)
- Oxford Abingdon (OX14), Oxford (OX3), Wantage (OX12)
- Portsmouth - (PO1)
- Preston - Hornby (LA2), Lancaster (LA1), Morecambe (LA4), Preston (PR1)
- Reading - Reading (RG5)
- Sheffield - (S2)
- South & Mid Cheshire - Crewe (CW1 2ER), Middlewich (CW10)
- South West - Exeter (EX1), Ivybridge (PL21), Newton Abbott (TQ12), Plymouth (PL3 / PL5), Torquay (TQ1)
- Southampton - Southampton (SO14 / SO15), Winchester (SO23)
- Southend - Rayleigh (SS6)
- Southport - (PR9)
- Stockport - (SK1)
- Swansea - (SA2)
- Trafford / Altrincham - Altrincham (WA14)
- Tyneside - Cleveland (TS1), Newcastle (NE1), Stockton-on-Tees (TS18)
- Warrington - Warrington (WA1), Wigan (WN3)
- Wiltshire - Swindon (SN1)
- Wimbledon - (SW19)
- Wolverhampton & Walsall - Walsall (WS1)
We don’t charge a fixed fee for our counselling service apart from an initial registration fee of £10 to secure your place on our waiting list. Each counselling session costs Marriage Care £65 to run, and your counsellor will ask for a contribution bearing this cost in mind. However, you will not be turned away because you cannot afford to give very much. If you’re a UK tax payer, you can add Gift Aid to your donation.
Need to talk?
All relationships have ups and downs, but sometimes they can get a bit stuck and it’s hard to talk things through or get to a positive solution. That’s when help from a skilled couple relationship counsellor can make all the difference. Whether you are feeling things just aren’t quite right or whether you are encountering serious difficulties or relationship issues, we are here to listen and to support you towards a positive outcome.
Our core couples counselling service is delivered through one or more 50 minute sessions. Sessions are usually face-to-face and are completely confidential. Call us on 0800 389 3801 to book a session. We also offer telephone counselling – call 0800 389 3801 to see if it suits your situation.
- Appointment booking service 0800 389 3801
- Professionally trained counsellors
- Regular weekly meetings for as long as needed
- 50 minute counselling sessions
- Ongoing professional development for our counsellors
- Over 200 counsellors at more than 100 venues
- Organisational member of the BACP
- No fixed fee, donation based service
- Service available to everybody over age of 16
- Confidential counselling sessions
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Our appointment booking service is available from Mon-Thurs 9am-6pm and Fri 9am - 5pm with an emergency and cancellation service from Mon-Thu 6pm-9pm
Types of client