10 Monckton Crescent
01502 500877 / 07789 174145
I have been counselling adults since 2006 and since Nov 2013, I have also been employed as a youth counsellor working with 11-18yr olds, within a local charity as part of the CAMHS provision for Norfolk. I am also a Dementia Counsellor for a national mental health charity.
My private practice is located in a purpose built log cabin at my home in Oulton Broad, Lowestoft, where I offer integrative counselling and Hypnotherapy to adults and adolescents. I have experience of working with a wide range of issues such as; rape & abuse, self harm, addictions, depression, stress, relationship issues, panic attacks, phobias and many other debilitating issues. There is a regular local bus service which stops nearby and ample parking for clients who drive. As an integrative counsellor, I am able to utilise interventions from many different schools of counselling, to best meet the individual needs of each unique client.
I do not believe that one style suits all. Whatever issues or problems you wish to overcome, you can be assured of a confidential, non-judgemental, specifically tailored counselling approach and a warm welcome. I always endeavour to hold a few appointments for anyone who may need subsidised rates.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Diploma in Integrative Counselling, Matrix College of Counselling & Psychotherapy(in conjunction with Middlesex University) 2011- 2014.
- Diploma (Hons) Professional Practitioner Hypnotherapy, World Federation of Hypnotherapists, Birmingham, 2006-2007.
- Certificate Person-Centred Counselling, University of East Anglia, 2005-2006.
- Additional training courses attended, including Systemic Working and Solihull Training
- On-going professional development.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Anorexia nervosa
- Antisocial personality disorder
- Asperger's syndrome
- Attachment disorder
- Avoidant personality disorder
- Binge-eating disorder
- Bipolar disorder/Manic depression
- Body dysmorphic disorder
- Borderline personality disorder
- Bulimia nervosa
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Dependent personality disorder
- Domestic violence
- Drug abuse
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Gender dysphoria
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Hearing voices
- Histrionic personality disorder
- Internet addiction
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Narcissistic personality disorder
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Obsessive-compulsive personality disorder
- Panic disorder
- Paranoid personality disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Personality disorders
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Postnatal depression
- Pregnancy and birth
- Relationship issues
- Schizoid personality disorder
- Schizotypal personality disorder
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Separation and divorce
- Sex addiction
- Sex problems
- Sexual abuse
- Suicidal thoughts
- Tourette's syndrome
- Work-related stress
Other areas of counselling I deal with
Lesbian, Gay, Bi-sexual, Trans-Gender.
- Behavioural therapy
- Cognitive analytic therapy (CAT)
- Cognitive and behavioural therapies
- Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT)
- Cognitive therapy
- Couples counselling
- Existential therapy
- Gestalt therapy
- Humanistic therapies
- Other therapies
- Person-centred therapy
- Psychoanalytic therapy
Counselling: £45 per session (50 Mins) Usually these are weekly appointments.
Hypnotherapy £85 per session (60 Mins) Usually these are weekly appointments.
Cancellation fee applies if less than 24hrs notice given
Concessionary rates may be available, please enquire at initial consultation.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Currently I can offer appointments on some weekdays & evenings up to 8.30pm.
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|