Inspire Counselling - Mark Cherrington
155a Leighton Road
Back In 2004 I was at a loose end in what I wanted to do as a career. I always knew that I had a passion for helping people and listening to what really mattered to them and from this ensuring that their needs were met. I remember going through a prospectus and decided to take part in the counselling course they were running. I began to really enjoy the process of listening and supporting people through counselling and I carried on studying until I became fully qualified which was in 2006.
For the different voluntary services I’ve been involved with since 2006 up until 2016 I’ve worked with people on a variety of different issues including low self esteem, depressed feelings, bereavement issues, stress, anger, relationship issues and alcohol and other substances.
My aim is to fully support and experience the struggles that you are going through by offering emotional support and a listening ear whilst valuing you and encouraging self awareness, a greater understanding of self and concentrating on the here and now in your world.
My specialisms are supporting you in issues around Relationships, Depression,self esteem,bereavement,stress, low confidence, Drug & Alcohol issues for Adults & young people with concerns.
I am also on the BACP counsellors register for counsellors & psychotherapists which means I am a registered member MBACP. I fully work and adhere to their code of ethics and principles when supporting clients through the counselling process.
How I can help You
I work in a person-centred way which means that you will lead the therapy and discuss whatever you wish to explore. I will support you through the process exploring options whilst looking at your feelings and thoughts in the present and support you in finding the right way that fits for you.
The aim is to help you to fulfil whatever goals, wishes or desires that you feel will benefit you in your life so that you can begin to be open to your own personal experiences, trust in your own feelings and to live a fulfilled life where you’re satisfied and able to function better.
Short term and long term counselling is available – Long term can be anything from 6 months to a year & short term can be 12 weeks or much longer. The main aim at Inspire is to fully support you into leading a more fulfilling life with the gained awareness from counselling support.
Inspire Counselling also signposts clients for additional support that can help them as well. This can be after or during the counselling process.
These are some of the comments that some of the clients I’ve supported over the years and this is what some have said about the counselling support I’ve provided.
“Having someone to really listen to me through my troubled times has been of some use to me.”
“I didn’t think that the counselling would help but I can now see how my life has changed.”
“Being able to be myself and feeling valued has made a difference in my life.”
“Counselling has really changed my life allowing me to understand my situation a lot more.”
Training, qualifications & experience
- Oxford &Cambridge RSA Certificate in Counselling – 2003 - 2004
- Diploma in Counselling – 2004 – 2006
- Certificate in Higher Education In Counselling – Middlesex University - 2006
- NVQ Level 3 in working with diversity – 2009
- NVQ Level 3 in Drug & Alcohol Awareness – 2009
- NVQ Level 3 in Substance Misuse Assessment - 2009
- NVQ Level 3 in Working with Abusive and Aggressive Behaviour - 2009
- NVQ Level 3 In Harm Reduction & Substance Misusing Behaviour - 2009
- NVQ Level 3 in Working with Dual Diagnosis - 2009
- NVQ Level 3 in Care Planning & Record Keeping - 2009
- Certificate In Motivational Interviewing Skills - 2009
- Certificate of Attendance for a lecture on The Cycle of Addiction - June 2011
- Mental Health Awareness Training – 2011
- ITEP Trained – This is a new way of working with clients using worksheets to look at choices – 2011.
- Certificate In Suicide First Aid – Jun 2012 – (Assisting People who are in suicidal situations-ASIST Led)
- Advanced Level Apprenticeship In Children &Young People’s Social Care. (2012)
- EdExcel Level 3 Diploma for The Children & Young People’s Workforce (Social Care) - 2012
- BTEC Level 2 in Employment Responsibilities & Rights In Health, Social Care & Children and Young people’s settings - 2012
- Certificate In Brief Interventions for Working with Recovering Families - 2013
Foundations Of Recovery Training – 2 Day course which looked at the process on how to build a supportive network for a service user trying to empower them and facilitate their respected recovery journey pathway for their substance of choice - Mar 2014
Groupwork Skills – Intermediate Level Qualification – The course looked at how to engage people when conducting group sessions and the structure of different group settings. The course also looked at the dynamics of a group, the theory of groups and how to engage difficult group members. - May 2014
I recently spent 2 years from 2014 - July 2016 Co facilitating a support group In Ealing whilst also doing some counselling around substance misuse in the London Borough of Ealing.
Areas of counselling I deal with
Charges £45 - £50 per session. Sliding scale and reduction available depending on circumstances.
Email enquiries also available.
"Inspire Counselling - Mark Cherrington" can be found at Relational Space, The Room, 50 Westminster Bridge Road,Waterloo,London, SE1 7EH
Nearest Tubes - Waterloo Station – Jubilee Line
Lambeth North - Bakerloo Line
phone - 0794 3372617
I would welcome any comments or suggestions so please feel free to email me any comments you would like to say about counselling.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Saturdays - 11.15am - 2.15pm
Types of client