Marian Dwyer - MBCAP Counsellor and Mindfulness Teacher and Supervisor.
Welcome to my profile.
I work as a person centred counsellor drawing also from many years of experience working in the NHS. I also have had training in psychodynamic psychotherapy, Transactional Analysis and Cognitive Behaviour Therapy (CBT) and can use an integrative approach to meet the diverse needs of my clients.
While continuing to work in the NHS I have been committed to ongoing personal and professional development and continue to engage in ongoing supervision and training. I am an accredited Breathworks Mindfulness teacher and Mindfulness Based Cognitive Therapy teacher.
I am on the register of the UK Network for Mindfulness-Based Teachers which offers good practice guidelines for teaching mindfulness-based courses, these principles promoting good practice in teaching in mindfulness-based courses.
I provide the following:
- Individual counselling
- Individual Mindfulness sessions
- Breathworks Mindfulness for Stress course
- Breathworks Mindfulness for Pain and Illness course
- Mindfulness Based Cognitive Therapy(MBCT) Programme
- Mindfulness for school teachers
- Supervision for counsellors
- Mindfulness supervision
Training, qualifications & experience
Registered Mental Nurse
- BA in Mental Health Studies
- Certificate in Counselling Skills
- Diploma in Counselling Skills
- Breathworks Mindfulness for Pain and Illness
- Breathworks Mindfulness for Stress
- Mindfulness Based Cognitive Therapy (MBCT)
- Certificate in Mindfulness and Compassion at Aberdeen University
- .b foundation trained to deliver their programme to teacher in schools
- pawsb trained to teach children aged 7 to 11 in schools
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Panic disorder
- Relationship issues
I work in the Leamington area and offer a service to Warwick, Stratford on Avon and surrounding areas.
At our first session we can explore together the issues that you bring, looking at what you hope to gain from counselling and getting an idea if we can work together.
My fee is £50 for an appointment for a one hour appointment. Payment in cash, card, cheque or bank transfer.
My fees are reviewed annually (28 days notice will be given when or if charges are changing).
Fees are payable at each session.
Please, if possible, give at least 24 hours notice of any cancellation or the full rate may be charged.
I am a member of the British Association of Counsellors and Psychotherapists (BACP) and adhere to their Ethical Framework for Good Practice in Counselling and Psychotherapy to ensure safe working and practice.
I am committed to ongoing personal and professional development and continue to engage in ongoing supervision and training.
Please feel free to contact me with no obligation on 07939 094797 or via the website.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Types of client