Maria Rudd - DIP.HE. Child & Adolescent Counselling. MBACP.
Peter Wyatt & Associates
534 London Road
I am a qualified Child and Adolescent Counsellor who graduated from the Anglia Ruskin University in 2010. Since that date I have been offering specialist counselling services to children, adolescents & their parents/carers. In addition to my private practice I am employed as a School Counsellor in a mainstream school and a specialist education provision, for children with a diagnosis on the Autistic Spectrum, (ADHD, Asperger's & Autism). I have experience delivering group and individual therapy within these settings.
It is not uncommon for young people and adults to encounter emotional difficulties, often in response to life events, which may result in feelings of; social isolation, depression, anger and heightened levels of anxiety. Many young people and adults feel more comfortable using a confidential, unbiased relationship such as counselling to talk about their problems than risk burdening their family and friends. I aim in my sessions to help clients examine and challenge any negative beliefs they hold about themselves, in turn increasing their levels of self-esteem, alleviating emotional distress and reducing anxiety. I work from an Integrative model using a combination of talking, creative and play therapy techniques. Following an initial assessment I will recommend a number of initial weekly sessions, usually in the region of 6 -12, dependent on the presenting issues.
I am a member of the BACP and have been awarded their Certificate of Proficiency. I hold an up to date 'Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service' (DBS) check and a Certificate of Professional Liability Insurance.
Please do not hesitate to contact me via email or telephone to discuss your needs, or to book an initial assessment session.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Diploma of.Higher Education in Counselling (Child & Adolescent) - Distinction.
- Certificate of Higher Education in Counselling (Child & Adolescent) - Distinction.
- Level 3 Certificate in Counselling Studies.
- Level 2 Certificate in Counselling Skills
- BACP Certificate of Proficiency.
- Safeguarding for Child and Adolescent Counsellors.
- Working with Angry Children.
- Art therapy Skills.
- Young People with Eating Disorders.
- Bullying, Identity, Self esteem and Confidence.
- Mindfulness for Self Care.
- Counselling Autistic Children
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Anger management
- Anorexia nervosa
- Antisocial personality disorder
- Asperger's syndrome
- Attachment disorder
- Avoidant personality disorder
- Binge-eating disorder
- Body dysmorphic disorder
- Bulimia nervosa
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Dependent personality disorder
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Obsessive-compulsive personality disorder
- Panic disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Behavioural therapy
- Cognitive and behavioural therapies
- Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT)
- Existential therapy
- Group therapy
30 minute Assessment Session - £15
50 minute Counselling sessions - £35.
My counselling rooms are located on the first floor, unfortunately there is no lift access.
Free parking is available for 60 minutes, on the road outside the practice and in adjacent side roads.
My practice is centrally located for Southend - On - Sea and surrounding areas.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
School Terms: Wednesday/Thursday/Friday. Additional school holiday session times available.
Types of client