Maria Rudd - DIP.HE. Child & Adolescent Counselling. MBACP.
Peter Wyatt & Associates
534 London Road
My private practice is located in Westcliff, where I share rooms with Peter Wyatt & Associates. As a qualified and experienced Child and Adolescent Counsellor, I offer specialist counselling for young people between the ages of 5 - 24 years. It is not uncommon for young people to encounter difficulties in everyday life, which can result in; low self-esteem, anxiety and feelings of isolation. If not addressed these negative emotions can result in depression, panic attacks and self- harming behaviours. In my experience most young people do not want to burden family and friends with their problems, so will try to deal with them alone or hide them. They often feel more comfortable using a confidential, unbiased relationship such as counselling to talk about their problems and explore possible solutions.
I aim in my sessions to help clients examine and challenge any negative beliefs they hold about themselves or their life, in turn alleviating emotional distress and helping reduce anxiety.
I work from an Integrative model using a combination of Talking, Creative and Play Therapy Techniques, drawing upon Person Centred, Psychodynamic and CBT theories. I practice within the ethical guidelines laid down by the BACP.
In addition to my private practice, I am employed as a School Counsellor in a mainstream secondary school and specialist units, which provide education for children with Emotional, Social and Behavioural Dfficulties and those with a diagnosis on the Autistic Spectrum (ADHD, Asperger's & Autism).
I am a member of the British Association of Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP) and have been awarded their Certificate of Proficiency. I hold an up to date 'Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service' (DBS) check and a Certificate of Professional Liability Insurance.
Please contact me for further information, via email or telephone, or to book a 40 minute assessment session (parents and carers are welcome to attend).
Training, qualifications & experience
- Diploma of.Higher Education in Counselling (Child & Adolescent) - Distinction.
- Certificate of Higher Education in Counselling (Child & Adolescent) - Distinction.
- Level 3 Certificate in Counselling Studies.
- Level 2 Certificate in Counselling Skills
- BACP Certificate of Proficiency.
- Safeguarding for Child and Adolescent Counsellors.
- Working with Angry Children.
- Art therapy Skills.
- Young People with Eating Disorders.
- Bullying, Identity, Self esteem and Confidence.
- Mindfulness for Self Care.
- Counselling Autistic Children
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Anger management
- Anorexia nervosa
- Antisocial personality disorder
- Asperger's syndrome
- Attachment disorder
- Avoidant personality disorder
- Binge-eating disorder
- Bulimia nervosa
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Obsessive-compulsive personality disorder
- Panic disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Behavioural therapy
- Cognitive and behavioural therapies
- Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT)
- Existential therapy
- Humanistic therapies
30 minute Assessment Session - £20
50 minute Counselling sessions - £35.
My counselling rooms are located on the first floor, unfortunately there is no lift access.
Free parking is available for 60 minutes, on the road outside the practice and in adjacent side roads.
My practice is centrally located for Southend - On - Sea and surrounding areas.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
School Terms: Monday -Thursday 4 pm -7 pm Friday 9 am - 5 pm. Saturdays upon request. Additional school holiday session times available.
Types of client