Maria Papadima (ACP)
I am a Child and Adolescent Psychotherapist, and currently work in an NHS CAMHS Team in North London. In my private work, I work both individually in my Finchley Central consulting room, and also as part of the Harbour Psychotherapy Practice, a network of child and adolescent psychotherapists, with whom I am able to collaborate in family consultations, assessments and parent work, as needed, in different London locations.
Services offered (depending on what the family and I agree is appropriate):
- intensive or non intensive psychoanalytic psychotherapy with children, adolescents and young people up to their early twenties
- short term child and adolescent psychotherapy
- parent work or work with foster carers
Please contact me, in the first instance, via email. We will then arrange a mutually convenient time to talk briefly on the phone and will then meet for an initial consultation to explore your needs and discuss what would be the most helpful approach for your family.
Training, qualifications & experience
I am a qualified Child and Adolescent Psychotherapist, with experience of work in the NHS and the Voluntary Sector.
I currently work in an NHS CAMHS team in North London, specialising in looked after children, where I regularly work with children, adolescents and foster carers.
In addition to my clinical work, I have worked for a number of years as a member of the UCL Psychoanalysis Unit's MSc in psychoanalytic studies, teaching and supervising on trauma and psychoanalysis. I have completed a PhD at the University of East London, specialising on trauma, and have a longstanding interest in this field.
I trained at the British Psychotherapy Foundation (IPCAPA) as a Child and Adolescent Psychotherapist.
I am registered with the ACP (Association of Child Psychotherapists) and abide by its code of ethics. I am also a full member of the BPF (British Psychotherapy Foundation).
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Anger management
- Anorexia nervosa
- Antisocial personality disorder
- Asperger's syndrome
- Attachment disorder
- Avoidant personality disorder
- Binge-eating disorder
- Bipolar disorder/Manic depression
- Body dysmorphic disorder
- Borderline personality disorder
- Bulimia nervosa
- Child related issues
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Dependent personality disorder
- Domestic violence
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Gender dysphoria
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Hearing voices
- Histrionic personality disorder
- Internet addiction
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Narcissistic personality disorder
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Obsessive-compulsive personality disorder
- Panic disorder
- Paranoid personality disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Personality disorders
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Postnatal depression
- Relationship issues
- Schizoid personality disorder
- Schizotypal personality disorder
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Separation and divorce
- Sexual abuse
- Suicidal thoughts
- Tourette's syndrome
Fees are negotiable and will be discussed in our initial consultation.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
My current availability in Finchley is Monday and Thursday afternoons for regular slots. I also offer occasional evening and daytime appointments on other weekdays and Saturdays.
Types of client