Maria Papadima (ACP)
I am a Child and Adolescent Psychotherapist, and currently work in an NHS CAMHS Team in North London. In my private work, I work both individually in my Finchley Central consulting room, and also as part of the Harbour Psychotherapy Practice, a network of child and adolescent psychotherapists, with whom I am able to collaborate in family consultations, assessments and parent work, as needed, in different London locations.
Services offered (depending on what the family and I agree is appropriate):
- intensive or non intensive psychoanalytic psychotherapy with children or adolescents
- short term child and adolescent psychotherapy
- parent work or work with foster carers, when appropriate
Please contact me, in the first instance, via email. We will then arrange a mutually convenient time to talk briefly on the phone and will then meet, if appropriate, for an initial consultation to explore your needs and reach an agreement about whether what I offer would be the most helpful approach for you and your son / daughter.
Training, qualifications & experience
I am a qualified Child and Adolescent Psychotherapist, with experience of work in the NHS and the Voluntary Sector.
I currently work in an NHS CAMHS team in North London, specialising in looked after children, where I regularly work with children, adolescents and foster carers.
In addition to my clinical work, I have worked for a number of years as a member of the UCL Psychoanalysis Unit's MSc in psychoanalytic studies, teaching and supervising on trauma and psychoanalysis. I have completed a PhD at the University of East London, specialising on trauma, and have a longstanding interest in this field.
I trained at the British Psychotherapy Foundation (IPCAPA) as a Child and Adolescent Psychotherapist.
I am registered with the ACP (Association of Child Psychotherapists) and abide by its code of ethics. I am also a full member of the BPF (British Psychotherapy Foundation).
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Anger management
- Anorexia nervosa
- Antisocial personality disorder
- Asperger's syndrome
- Attachment disorder
- Avoidant personality disorder
- Binge-eating disorder
- Bipolar disorder/Manic depression
- Body dysmorphic disorder
- Borderline personality disorder
- Bulimia nervosa
- Child related issues
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Dependent personality disorder
- Domestic violence
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Gender dysphoria
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Hearing voices
- Histrionic personality disorder
- Internet addiction
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Narcissistic personality disorder
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Obsessive-compulsive personality disorder
- Panic disorder
- Paranoid personality disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Personality disorders
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Postnatal depression
- Relationship issues
- Schizoid personality disorder
- Schizotypal personality disorder
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Separation and divorce
- Sexual abuse
- Suicidal thoughts
- Tourette's syndrome
Fees are negotiable and will be discussed in our initial consultation.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
My current availability in Finchley is Monday and Thursday afternoons for regular slots. I also offer occasional evening and daytime appointments on Mondays, Thursdays and Saturdays.
Types of client