Dr Mari Kovanen, Chartered Counselling Psychologist
37 Museum Street
11 Dovers Green Road,
07871955195 / 07871955195
Are you experiencing high levels of anxiety and perhaps feel quite low?
You often (always) end up prioritising everyone else and deep down feel resentful. You worry about what would happen if you actually started looking after your own needs.
You are struggling to build the life you desire, perhaps past experiences are holding you back and you feel that you just don't have the confidence to live wholeheartedly.
You are unhappy in your relationship and end up repeating relationship patterns that in the long run make you feel more anxious and low. Alternatively, you may long for a relationship but are deeply fearful of being let down and that no one would really want you. You often feel lonely and alone even if you have people around you.
This is your time now...it is time for you to become the priority in your life: find the space to address those past hurts that may be keeping you in behaviour patterns that in the long-run contribute to your distress.
Would you like to be able to live wholeheartedly? I would love to support you in getting the life you wish to have. Get in touch!
My name is Dr Mari Kovanen and I'm a Chartered and Registered Counselling Psychologist. I believe that therapy is for everyone; I offer both individual and couples therapy in Reigate and in Central London. We are all unique and my style of working depends on what you are looking to achieve in therapy.
Research suggests that over any technique the therapeutic relationship is the most powerful instrument for change. Therefore, I aim to create an atmosphere where you can be your true authentic self, which allows you to work on your goals in therapy. The therapy can be tailor-made to your needs whether you have a specific goal in mind or more general wish to improve your mood, your relationship with yourself or others.
As a psychologist with over 15 years of experience in psychological services and providing therapy since 2008, I have an extensive psychological knowledge and experience of working with a broad range of complex emotional and mental health difficulties.
How to get started?
1. Book your FREE 15min phone consultation either by emailing email@example.com or calling 07871955195. At www.drmarikovanen.co.uk you can also book phone consultation online.
2. During the phone consultation, we will discuss your needs and how therapy could help you, for example, to:
- explore your thoughts and feelings
- develop coping strategies
- find new solutions to old problems and dilemmas
- make connections with early experiences and understand their impact on your present day well-being
- gain insights
- learn new skills
- increase your self-awareness
- heal internal wounds caused by early experiences
- heal from past hurt and prepare for new love
Take your first step towards healing and book your FREE 15 min phone consultation now!
Read my blogs on childhood trauma, emotional neglect, and relationships at www.drmarikovanen.co.uk/blog
Go and Like us on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/drmarikovanen
I will respond to all enquiries within 24 hrs, if you haven't heard from me, please check your spam.
Training, qualifications & experience
- BPS Chartered Counselling Psychologist
- HCPCReg Psychologist
- Bacp Registered Member
- DPsych Counselling Psychology, City University, London
- MSc Occupational Psychology, London Guildhall University
- BSc (Hons) Psychology, City University, London
Further training in working with trauma (PTSD), complex trauma and couples.
I started my career as an occupational psychologist and subsequently, I further trained to become a counselling psychologist.
My working history extends to the NHS primary and secondary care, in charitable and private sector organisations. I have experience of a wide range of difficulties such as:
- emotional difficulties (e.g. family and relationship issues, self-esteem and low confidence, body image dissatisfaction, loss & bereavement, work related issues, anger, infertility, identity confusion),
- common mental health problems (anxiety and depression)
- complex enduring mental health problems (e.g. trauma (PTSD), complex trauma (childhood sexual abuse), eating disorders, personality disorders, dual diagnosis)
- addictions (e.g. drug and alcohol).
Accredited register membership
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Attachment disorder
- Binge-eating disorder
- Body dysmorphic disorder
- Borderline personality disorder
- Bulimia nervosa
- Child related issues
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Panic disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
Other areas of counselling I deal with
I have a special interest in childhood related issues affecting adult well-being and working with both individuals and couples who are having difficulties in their relationship.
Photos & videos
Central London £120 per 50min session
Reigate £90 per 50 min session
Central London - 90min session £200 (initial session), following 50min session £140
Reigate - 90min session £160, following 50min session £110
Online counselling for individuals:
£90 per 50min session
If you are considering of using your insurance, your provider may require you to obtain a referral from your GP . Please check with your insurance provider first. I am currently registered with Aviva, Axa PPP, Cigna, WPA and Vitality Health.
Concessionary rates may be available for students and those on low incomes. Get in touch firstname.lastname@example.org
I offer a free, no obligations, 15min phone consultation. Get in touch to discuss how therapy could be of help to you and whether it is the right fit to work together. I look forward to hearing from you.
Contact now email@example.com
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Wednesday and Fridays in London and Saturdays in Reigate (no current availability)
Types of client