Dr Mari Kovanen, Chartered Counselling Psychologist
Therapy Harley Street
12 Harley Street
11 Dovers Green Road,
07871955195 / 07871955195
Are you experiencing high levels of anxiety or has your mood been low for some time? Are you struggling to build the life your desire, perhaps you feel that past experiences are holding you back. Perhaps you end up dating the wrong people or fear commitment and end up sabotaging your relationship.
Life can be so hard sometimes. Those are the times we need support to navigate out of the confusion and emotional disturbance. I would like to help you in finding inner peace and reconnecting with those parts of yourself that might have been forgotten for a long time.
Is your relationship stuck in a rut? Perhaps you and your partner are stuck in negative, repetitive patterns that make life a misery for both of you and you end up arguing over even the smallest things?
Alternatively, perhaps your relationship feels somewhat stale and although you don't argue, it feels like you have lost the loving feeling and it is difficult to know how to continue and find a real connection again. I would like to help you by offering couples therapy based on the couple developmental model.
My name is Dr Mari Kovanen. I'm a Chartered and Registered Counselling Psychologist. I offer individual and couples therapy in Reigate and in Central London. I offer evidence-based therapy Cognitive-Behavioural Therapy (CBT), Psychodynamic, Compassion Focused and integrative therapy depending on your needs.
Research suggests that over any technique the therapeutic relationship is the most powerful instrument for change. Therefore, I aim to create an atmosphere where you can be your true authentic self, which allows you to work on your goals in therapy. The therapy can be tailor-made to your needs whether you have a specific goal in mind or more general wish to improve your mood, your relationship with yourself or others.
For couples, I offer couples therapy which helps you to understand:
- how your early relationships impact your adult relationship and the couple dynamic
- which couple development stage you and your partner have got stuck
- how neuroscience impacts your experience and relationship
It is a proactive approach including couples and individual counselling and coaching with an aim to help you to try different ways of relating to each other and learning about yourself. It has been very successful in helping many couples who have almost given up on hope of finding a loving connection again.
As a psychologist with over 15 years of experience in psychological services and providing therapy since 2008, I have an extensive psychological knowledge and experience of working with a broad range of complex emotional and mental health difficulties.
How to get started:
1. Book your FREE 15min phone consultation either by emailing email@example.com or calling 07871955195. At www.drmarikovanen.co.uk you can also book phone consultation online.
2. During the phone consultation we will discuss your needs and how therapy could help you, for example, to:
- explore your thoughts and feelings
- develop coping strategies
- find new solutions to old problems and dilemmas
- make connections with early experiences and understand their impact on your present day well-being
- gain insights
- learn new skills
- increase your self-awareness
- heal internal wounds caused by early experiences
- heal from past hurt and prepare for new love
3. If we decide that it would be a good fit to work together, the first session is arranged
4. During the initial assessment session, we will discuss your present situation, past history and your wishes for therapy. I also make suggestions on how we could address your difficulties and how many sessions would be required (fixed number of sessions or ongoing)
If we decide that another service would be more appropriate, I make suggestions for suitable resources.
Take your first step towards healing and having the life you wish to have, and book your FREE 15 min phone consultation now!
Email firstname.lastname@example.org visit www.drmarikovanen.co.uk for further information.
Training, qualifications & experience
- BPS Chartered Counselling Psychologist
- HCPCReg Psychologist
- Bacp Registered Member
- DPsych Counselling Psychology, City University, London
- MSc Occupational Psychology, London Guildhall University
- BSc (Hons) Psychology, City University, London
I started my career as an Occupational Psychologist until having further training and becoming a Counselling Psychologist.
I have worked in the NHS primary and secondary care, in charitable and private sector organisations.
I have experience of a wide range of difficulties such as:
- emotional difficulties (e.g. family and relationship issues, self-esteem and low confidence, body image dissatisfaction, loss & bereavement, work related issues, anger, infertility, identity confusion),
- common mental health problems (anxiety and depression)
- complex enduring mental health problems (e.g. trauma, complex trauma (childhood sexual abuse), eating disorders, personality disorders, dual diagnosis)
- addictions (e.g. drug and alcohol).
Currently, I also work in the secondary care setting for Oxford Health NHS.
Accredited register membership
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anorexia nervosa
- Attachment disorder
- Binge-eating disorder
- Body dysmorphic disorder
- Bulimia nervosa
- Child related issues
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Panic disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
Other areas of counselling I deal with
I have a special interest in childhood related issues affecting adult well-being and working with both individuals and couples who are having difficulties in their relationship.
Photos & videos
The fees for self-paying clients for individual therapy are:
Central London £120 50min session
Reigate £90 per 50 min session.
Central London - 90min session £200 (initial session), following 50min session £120
Reigate - 90min session £160, following 50min session £110
If you are considering of using your insurance, your provider may require you to obtain a referral from your GP . Please check with your insurance provider first. I am currently registered with Aviva, Axa PPP, Cigna, WPA and Vitality Health.
Concessionary rates may be available for students and those on low incomes. Get in touch email@example.com
I offer a free, no obligations, 15min phone consultation. Get in touch to discuss how therapy could be of help to you and whether it is the right fit to work together. I look forward to working with you.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Wednesday afternoon and evening, and Saturday
Types of client