Dr Mari Kovanen, Chartered Counselling Psychologist
37 Museum Street
11 Dovers Green Road,
07871955195 / 07871955195
You identify yourself as a worrier and excessive worry is making you very unhappy.
You often (always) end up prioritising everyone else and deep down feel resentful. You worry about what would happen if you actually started looking after your own needs.
Your relationships are not satisfactory and you feel a deep discontent.
You are struggling to build the life you desire, perhaps past experiences are holding you back and you feel that you just don't have the confidence to live wholeheartedly.
You feel stuck and are unhappy in your life and relationships. You don't know what to do or how to improve your life or your relationships. You often feel lonely and alone even if you have people around you.
This is your time now...it is time for you to become the priority in your life: find the space to address those past hurts that may be keeping you in behaviour patterns that in the long-run contribute to your distress.
Would you like to be able to live wholeheartedly? I would love to support you in getting the life you wish to have. Get in touch!
You and your partner are stuck in patterns of behaviour that are hurting you both. You don't seem to agree on anything and you are feeling alone in your relationship. You don't know how you got here and how to get out of these hurtful patterns. Alternatively, you feel the distance between you two, you never argue but you are deeply discontent and unhappy, afraid that if this continues one of you decides to leave.
We all need to feel emotionally safe in the relationship. Romantic relationships are emotional bonds and I help you to understand how your behaviour patterns contribute to both of you feeling emotionally unsafe in the relationship, which in turn makes you behave in a way that adds to the distance and disconnection.
I use counselling and coaching to help you to understand how you own early relationships are re-played in your relationship and how to form deeper, emotionally safe bonds and have a happier, loving relationship. Get in touch now to discuss further!
My name is Dr Mari Kovanen and I'm a Chartered and Registered Counselling Psychologist. I believe that therapy is for everyone; I offer both individual and couples therapy in Reigate and in Central London. We are all unique and my style of working depends on what you are looking to achieve in therapy.
As a psychologist with over 15 years of experience in psychological services and providing therapy since 2008, I have an extensive psychological knowledge and experience of working with a broad range of complex emotional and mental health difficulties. My specialists interests are understanding emotional bonds (early attachment and adult attachment, childhood emotional neglect and childhood trauma).
How to get started?
1. Book your FREE 15min phone consultation either by emailing email@example.com or calling 07871955195. At www.drmarikovanen.co.uk you can also book a phone consultation online.
2. During the phone consultation, we will discuss your needs and how therapy could help you, for example, to:
- explore your thoughts and feelings
- develop coping strategies
- make connections with early experiences and understand their impact on your present day well-being
- learn new skills and how to improve your relationships
- increase your self-awareness
- heal internal wounds caused by early experiences
- heal from past hurt and prepare for new love
Take your first step towards healing and book your FREE 15 min phone consultation now!
Read my articles on anxiety, low mood, relationships, and experiences related to childhood trauma at www.drmarikovanen.co.uk/news
Go and Like us on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/drmarikovanen
I will respond to all inquiries within 24 hrs (Monday - Saturday), if you haven't heard from me, please check your spam email.
Training, qualifications & experience
- BPS Chartered Counselling Psychologist
- HCPCReg Psychologist
- DPsych Counselling Psychology, City University, London
- MSc Occupational Psychology, London Guildhall University
- BSc (Hons) Psychology, City University, London
Further training in working with trauma (PTSD), complex trauma and couples therapy.
I started my career as an occupational psychologist and subsequently, I further trained to become a counselling psychologist.
My working history extends to the NHS primary and secondary care, in charitable and private sector organisations. I have experience of a wide range of difficulties such as:
- emotional difficulties (e.g. family and relationship issues, self-esteem and low confidence, body image dissatisfaction, loss & bereavement, work related issues, anger, infertility, identity confusion),
- common mental health problems (anxiety and depression)
- complex enduring mental health problems (e.g. trauma (PTSD), complex trauma (childhood sexual abuse), eating disorders, personality disorders, dual diagnosis)
- addictions (e.g. drug and alcohol).
Accredited register membership
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Attachment disorder
- Binge-eating disorder
- Body dysmorphic disorder
- Borderline personality disorder
- Bulimia nervosa
- Child related issues
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Panic disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
Other areas of counselling I deal with
I have a special interest in childhood related issues affecting adult well-being and working with both individuals and couples who are having difficulties in their relationship.
Photos & videos
Central London £120 per 50min session
Reigate £90 per 50 min session
Central London - 90min session £200 (initial session), following 50min session £140
Reigate - 90min session £160, following 50min session £110
Online counselling for individuals:
£90 per 50min session
If you are considering of using your insurance, please contact your provider to find out the next steps for getting an authorisation. I am currently registered with Aviva, Axa PPP, Cigna, WPA and Vitality Health.
Concessionary rates may be available for students and those on low incomes. Get in touch firstname.lastname@example.org
I offer a free, no obligations, 15min phone consultation. Get in touch to discuss how therapy could be of help to you and whether it is the right fit to work together. I look forward to hearing from you.
Contact now email@example.com
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Wednesday in London and Saturdays in Reigate
Types of client