Margaret Price MNCS (Accred), Dip HE Counselling, PG Adv Dip Supervision
+447967209217 / 07967 209217
Counselling for depression and low self-esteem is my particular interest though I have helped people with a variety of different issues.
I am an experienced psychological therapist with an interest in working with the root causes of depression and low self-esteem, and unresolved childhood issues. I have a relational style and I feel that the counselling relationship itself is very significant in moving things forward and promoting healing and lasting change.
I was trained in an integrative person-centred approach and I sometimes use creative methods in my work, borrowing concepts and strategies from other approaches such as inner child therapy and transactional analysis.
I offer individual face-to-face counselling.
I also offer individual supervision for counsellors. This can be either face-to-face or via Skype.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Accredited Registrant Counsellor with the National Counselling Society
- Registrant Counsellor with the Association of Christian Counsellors
- Approved Supervisor with the National Counselling Society
- Member of the Swindon Counsellors and Psychotherapists Network (SCPN)
- Dip HE in Pastoral Counselling (University of Gloucestershire)
- Certificate in Counselling Theory (Central School for Counselling Training)
- Certificate in Counselling Skills (CSCT)
- Accredited PG Advanced Diploma in Counselling Supervision (University of Gloucestershire)
I have worked as a counsellor in different local settings for 15 years. While I was training I worked at agencies in Trowbridge and Chippenham as a voluntary counsellor and gained some valuable experience helping people struggling with all kinds of problems.
I have worked in private practice for the last 10 years.
I also work as a Supervisor, both in a voluntary position and in private practice.
Accredited register membership
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Asperger's syndrome
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Domestic violence
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Panic disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Physical abuse
- Postnatal depression
My normal counselling fees are £40 per session.
I sometimes have appointments for those on very low incomes to pay reduced fees. Please enquire about this when you contact me.
For supervision sessions of an hour and a half my fee is £60.
I have some evening appointments for people who cannot attend counselling during the day.
I use premises in Chippenham and Corsham, which are centrally located, very quiet and discreet. There are regular bus and train services close by, and several car parks within a few minutes walk.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Types of client
Supervision & training
I trained to be a Supervisor at the Kathy Raffles Counselling Service in Taunton, and was awarded a Postgraduate Advanced Diploma in Counselling Supervision by the University of Gloucestershire.View supervision profile