What kind of counsellor am I?
I offer a person-centred service to individuals and couples. You can find out more about what it means to be 'Person-Centred' by simply carrying out a search on the internet; but essentially it means that I offer you a safe place to explore those difficult feelings in an environment of genuine care and empathy without fear of judgement.
Where can you find me?
I am based outside the village of Craigie, near Kilmarnock which is a central location for those living in the Kilmarnock, Ayr, Prestwick and Troon areas. It is a beautiful location and a great place to live and work. However, if a more central location would suit, I can see you at Main Street, Ayr.
What else should you know about me and my service?
When we meet I hope that you will quite quickly be at ease - even if you have never sought counselling before! I hope also that you will find me flexible and accommodating, so that if you are unable to commit to the same time, or even regular sessions, that I will fit in with your life as best I can.
Training, qualifications & experience
- After working with young people for many years both as a class teacher and then as a pupil support teacher, I began training to work with adults in 2011. After completing my training and placements with Ayrshire Hospice and Relationships Scotland in Ayr I decided to continue to work with the organisation. After completing the Relationships Scotland Certificate in Couples' Counselling, I now work with the service in Ayr, counselling both couples and individuals.
- I have a busy private practice, but I am always happy to take new enquiries.
- I am currently also working with three secondary schools to offer a counselling service to young people.
- I deliver the COSCA Certificate in Counselling Skills at Strathclyde University as part of the tutor team within the Centre for Lifelong Learning
- MA (Hons) - Glasgow University
- PGCSE (English) - Strathclyde University (Jordanhill)
- Certificate in Counselling Skills - Strathclyde University
- Diploma in Counselling - Strathclyde University
- Certificate in Couples Counselling - RS Edinburgh
- I will begin the Temenos Person-Centred Certificate in Counselling Children and Young People in early October, 2017.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Asperger's syndrome
- Attachment disorder
- Bipolar disorder/Manic depression
- Child related issues
- Domestic violence
- Family issues
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
Other areas of counselling I deal with
I am happy to work with young people in crisis.
From October 1st, 2017 my fees will be as follows:
Initial consultation - £30
Hourly fee thereafter - £40
In-school, or other agency work - £200 per full day or £120 per part day of 3 hours (continuous).
I am able to see clients in Ayr and Kilmarnock (Craigie).
*** Can I ask that you also supply a mobile number as well as an email, if at all possible. I have noticed that a number of replies have gone directly into the 'spam' folder of Hotmail, Gmail and other web-based email services. Alternatively, you may like to drop me a short text on 07572 860945 - I always aim to reply to enquiries within a couple of hours, if possible.***
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Monday 9am - 6pm * Tuesday 9am - 6pm * Wednesday 9am - 6pm * Friday 9am - 6pm * Saturday 10am - 2pm
Types of client