36A Broughton Street
When you decide you want to discuss a specific issue or situation, or to look for a more in-depth understanding of yourself, it takes COURAGE to reach out. Counselling can provide a comfortable and confidential environment to achieve this. Whether you’re considering just a few sessions to focus on a specific issue, or longer-term therapy, together we can map out your journey through therapy and counselling.
As I am a registered and insured Psychologist, Counsellor and Psychotherapist I welcome anyone who feels that psychotherapy and counselling may be of help. By listening to you, and looking at what drives you, what scares you and what motivates you, I will help guide you to the inner strength and resources that you have within yourself for making lasting change.
HERE YOU CAN FIND FEW FRIENDLY TIPS ON HOW TO GET STARTED AND WHAT TO EXPECT FROM COUNSELLING
1. Think of your availability and if my available times suit your needs. At the moment I am available on the following days:
Tuesday (9-11am; 5-9pm)
2. Call (0777 684 82 44) or email (email@example.com) to set up an initial session.
3. At our first meeting we talk about what you are hoping to get out of counselling and you decide if you're happy to continue or not. If you decide to continue we agree to meet weekly/fortnightly, preferably at the same time. You decide on the number of sessions you want to have. It is recommended to have at least few sessions to allow the trust and relationship with a counsellor to build. I am aware that this is not always possible.
4. Then, as our work progresses, we periodically check to see how you feel the work is going and to what extent you feel your goals are being met and whether you want to stop or continue.
It is important to remember that, ultimately, it is your decision as to when you want to stop counselling.
Training, qualifications & experience
After earning my Bachelor’s degree in Psychology from The University of Ljubljana, Slovenia, my interests led me to complete my specialisation in Organisational Psychology and Work Related Stress at Gothenburg University in Sweden. Following that, I received my Diploma in Counselling and Psychotherapy from the University of Edinburgh, United Kingdom where I am completing my Master’s at the moment. My research focuses on the relationship between a mother and a child, and the effects it has on our adult life.
- BA in Psychology, University of Ljubljana, Slovenia
- Diploma in Marketing and Project management, Experta Business Academy, Zagreb, Croatia
- Postgraduate Certificate in Counselling and Psychotherapy, University of Edinburgh, UK
- Diploma in Counselling and Psychotherapy, University of Edinburgh, UK
- Certificate in Couples Counselling, Relationship Scotland, UK
- Master’s in Counselling and Psychotherapy, University of Edinburgh, UK
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Attachment disorder
- Bipolar disorder/Manic depression
- Drug abuse
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Internet addiction
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Physical abuse
- Postnatal depression
- Pregnancy and birth
Photos & videos
Initial meeting £30.00 / 50min
Individual counselling session £50.00 / 50min
Student discount individual session £40.00 / 50min
Couple counselling session £70.00 / 50min
Skype or telephone counselling session £40.00 / 50min
I am registered with The British Psychological Society (BPS) and The British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP). I adhere to their codes of ethics and practice and my work is fully supervised and insured – so you can be sure you’re in a safe pair of hands.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
|Other languages:||I work using English, Croatian, Slovenian, Serbian and Bosnian languages.|
Monday (2-5pm), Tuesday (9-11am; 5-9pm), Wednesday (2-4.30pm), Saturday 9-12am. To schedule an appointment you may contact me via email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or phone (07776848244).
Types of client