Maggie Jamieson, Psychotherapy & Counselling. MSc., BSc., UKCP Reg.
50 Westminster Bridge Road
Ludgate Hill Practice
89 Fleet Street
I offer a supportive and non-judgemental space where you'll be listened to, taken seriously, and can talk freely about whatever is troubling you. I'm especially skilled in working with issues relating to life transitions, loss and bereavements
Providing a safe ground for you to stand on I offer both support and challenge:
- I'll encourage you to look, with interest and compassion, into your present difficulties; to be curious (not critical) about yourself, your life and your history and discover more about who you are. This helps you find your inner strengths and uncover any patterns of behaviour or thinking from the past that be hindering your life and relationships now. Understanding these better gives you more control over the direction you choose to go in.
- I'll bring your attention to the different aspects of your experience – physical, emotional, mental and spiritual. From this you can gain a more aware and integrated sense of yourself which helps you to focus and re-gain your equilibrium.
- Through sharing my reflections, thoughts and interpretations I offer a fresh perspective to help you navigate through difficult times.
- Together we look at strategies you can use in everyday life (e.g. to help reduce anxiety). I also bring mindfulness techniques into my work
Bereavement counsellor: I underwent further training and have over 5 years experience as a Bereavement Counsellor in a hospice. I'm particularly skilled and attuned to work in this field and my experience includes working with those who have suffered a traumatic bereavement such as a sudden death, a suicide, the death of a child.
My experience includes working with a wide range of other issues, some of which are:
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Panic attacks
- Relationship difficulties
- Family difficulties
- Low self-esteem or lack of confidence
- Unresolved issues from the past
- Life transitions (ageing, retirement, divorce, redundancy, illness)
- Long term illness
- Work related issues
- Identity issues
- student concerns (e.g. exam stress, adapting to university life)
I see clients for both long-term and short term work. I also work with psychotherapy/counselling trainees.
For further information about me please have a look round my website (link above).
Please contact me by email or phone if you have any queries or would like to arrange an initial session. As I may be with a client when you phone, do leave a voicemail and I'll call you back as soon as I can. I aim to answer all enquiries within 24 hours (Monday-Friday).
Training, qualifications & experience
MSc. Integrative Psychotherapy (Middlesex University) Metanoia Institute.
BSc. (Hons) Psychology (Birkbeck College, University of London)
In addition to private practice my clinical experience includes work in the NHS and voluntary sector:
- Bereavement counsellor/psychotherapist in an NHS Hospice bereavement service for over 5 years. I received additional training here. My experience/training includes working with traumatic bereavements, including death by suicide, accident, and the death of a child.
- Counsellor for the mental health charity MIND.
- Honorary Psychotherapist in NHS Hospital Psychotherapy unit: seeing patients referred through their GP or mental health services for long term psychotherapy.
I have also been a Samaritan Volunteer.
Earlier in my career I worked in social services teaching adults with autism.
My experience includes ongoing work with psychotherapy/counselling trainees.
Accredited register membership
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Bipolar disorder/Manic depression
- Carer support
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Eating disorders
- Family issues
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Panic disorder
- Personality disorders
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
£60 per session.
Fees are payable in cash or cheque each session.
Sessions last for 50 minutes
Please note I ask for 48 hours notice of cancellation or full fee is payable.
I'm an approved provider of psychotherapy/counselling for AVIVA, PruHealth and CIGNA and can invoice them for sessions if you are registered with these providers.
I also see clients who are referred to me through the Employee Assistance Programme (EAP)
I hold a few lower fee spaces for those on low-income (daytime appointments only), please ask if this applies to you.
Appointments , daytime & evenings (Including early morning)
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Daytime & evening appointments
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|