Westcliff - On- Sea
Maaike has many years of experience working as a counsellor with clients who present with a wide variety of difficulties, such as depression, anxiety, bereavement, trauma, self-esteem and work related stress. Maaike is experienced in providing one-to-one integrative counselling, relationship and family counselling.
Maaike delivers a range of excellent CPD events for Best for Training and she is also a qualified teacher.
Training, qualifications & experience
Whilst working as a counsellor in the Netherlands, she was the lead contact for domestic violence cases. She coordinated the support for the victims of domestic abuse and represented her team in monthly multi-agency meetings. After having worked for another four years with survivors of sexual abuse, she now works as a senior therapist with trafficked boys and young men. Maaike has set up the therapeutic service for this clientele, trained the staff in working safely with trauma-symptoms and provides consultation to all staff members. Maaike also works from private practice, providing bereavement counselling to children and young people who are struggling with their loss.
Aside from working as a counsellor, Maaike is a qualified teacher. Maaike has developed and provided regular training for educational staff, foster carers and delivered accredited counselling qualifications.
In 2006 Maaike graduated with a BSc degree in Teaching. In 2009, Maaike graduated with a BSc (Hons) degree in Counselling/ Social Work. She also holds a higher level qualification in counselling and a Certificate in Counselling Supervision.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Anorexia nervosa
- Attachment disorder
- Attachment disorder in children
- Avoidant personality disorder
- Behaviour problems
- Binge-eating disorder
- Body dysmorphic disorder
- Borderline personality disorder
- Bulimia nervosa
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Childhood bereavement
- Childhood bullying
- Children’s learning difficulties
- Dependent personality disorder
- Depression and anxiety in children
- Domestic violence
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Hearing voices
- Histrionic personality disorder
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Obsessive-compulsive personality disorder
- Panic disorder
- Paranoid personality disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Personality disorders
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Postnatal depression
- Pregnancy and birth
- Relationship issues
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Separation and divorce
- Separation anxiety
- Sex problems
- Sexual abuse
- Suicidal thoughts
- Tourette's syndrome
- Work-related stress
- Young carers
- Cognitive and behavioural therapies
- Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT)
- Couples counselling
- Existential therapy
Photos & videos
- 24/01/18 - Coping with trauma - Helping clients gain control
- 31/01/18 - Another language in the counselling room
- 03/02/18 - Safeguarding training for counsellors in schools
- 05/02/18 - Coping with trauma - Helping clients gain control
- 28/02/18 - Another language in the counselling room
- 03/03/18 - Safeguarding training for counsellors working with vulnerable adults
- 12/03/18 - Another language in the counselling room
- 21/03/18 - "My Mummy died" - supporting children with bereavement
- 16/04/18 - "My Mummy died" - supporting children with bereavement (Chelmsford)
- 30/04/18 - 'Are you saying you want to die?'
Individual Integrative one-to-one counselling is available with Maaike, from £40 in Essex
Maaike is an expert in:
- self-esteem and
- work related stress.
Professional training & CPD Courses:
Supervision session for practicing counsellors are now available. Discounted rates are available for trainee counsellors!
2 hour workshop are held across London and the South East. Please visit our website for further details. Fees start from £30.
One day events are held across London and the South East. Please visit our website for further details. Fees start from £150.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Dates and times of Best for Training's Counselling CPD training is on our website www.bestfortraining.co.uk Please contact me for my availability for counselling.
Types of client