Hello and welcome.
To experience difficulties in our lives is a normal part of human experience. For all of us, life is difficult and contains many stressful times. Relationships can be difficult, they can nurture us but yet can also at times be a source of our distress. We all need help and support from time to time, we all need a sense of connection. Sometimes you can feel lonely and isolated, that you cannot talk to your family and friends about what is troubling you.
I offer you a safe, private space, where you can talk in confidence, about whatever you need to. Somewhere where you can discuss matters that perhaps you don't feel able to discuss elsewhere. I will listen to you, in a non-judgemental way, with respect and empathy. My aim is to help you to reflect on what you are experiencing and try to help you to begin to make sense of it, to gain a clearer picture of what is happening to you and to help you to find your own answers and solutions.
I am trained in psychodynamic counselling - this works on the basis of an unconscious. I believe that our past experience, in particular early childhood experience, writes an inner script, outside of our awareness, that shapes how we see ourselves and others, our ways of thinking and behaving in the present. These patterns can have an unhelpful and sometimes damaging impact on how we feel and how we are able to get by in our day to day living. We work together to explore these patterns, with the aim of developing your awareness and understanding of their nature and origins. Self-knowledge brings choice, having a choice can enable you to work at bringing about change.
Counselling can help with depression,anxiety,relationship difficulties,low self-esteem and lack of self confidence, loss and bereavement, trauma and abuse,feeling overwhelmed and unable to cope, stress and inner turmoil,problems related to work.
What I offer
- I work with adult individuals on a face to face basis.
- I offer long term therapy over an open ended amount of time or short term therapy for an agreed number of weeks. I will work with you to decide which is most appropriate for you
- I offer you a private place to talk safely, and in confidence, in which you can explore your feelings and thoughts/difficulties and concerns. I will listen in a non-judgemental way.
- I will help you to identify what you would like to work through. I won't tell you what to do or give advice, instead I try to help you to find your own answers and solutions.
If you would like to take this a step further, please contact me to arrange a meeting where we can explore your needs. This will help us to arrive at a mutual understanding of what you are looking for and what can be offered. It will help you to make an informed decision about whether you want to continue or not. It also gives us a feel of what it would be like for us to work together.
Training, qualifications & experience
I am a psychodynamic counsellor. I trained for 5 years, part time and qualified in 2004. I have been practicing as a counsellor for 10 years . I have worked in a number of charitable counselling agencies locally and have experience of working within a GP surgery offering short term therapy. I have worked and currently hold a position as a tutor on counselling courses. I have a private practice based in Gloucester.
I have been an Accredited Member of BACP since 2007 and work to their Ethical Framework for the Counselling Professions
Registered Member MBACP(Accred)
UKRCP Registered Independent Counsellor
Diploma in Psychodynamic Counselling - 2004
Graduate award - 2005
An Introduction to CBT
Short term Psychodynamic Therapy
As part of my continuing Accreditation, I am required to have at least 30 hours of continuing professional development each year by BACP
Accredited register membership
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Emotional abuse
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Pregnancy and birth
- Relationship issues
- Sessions last for 50 minutes and cost £40. Over the first 2 sessions we will talk about why you're seeking counselling and if I am able to help you. Sessions normally take place on the same day and same time each week.
- Payment is either weekly or monthly by cash or cheque.
- I ask for payment for missed/cancelled sessions(This does not include holidays) except in cases of illness, or emergency. If you are unable to make a session, I will try my best to offer an alternative appointment.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Monday & Wednesday.
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|