Lynne Cowan MBACP Dip Counselling
When times get tough it is often difficult to see a way ahead. I can offer you a safe space to explore your difficulties and help you on a journey to change and recovery. Life throws challenges that we are often unprepared for, I can work with you to help you find a way forward,whatever the problem you are experiencing.
I work using a variety of counselling approaches depending on your individual needs.
My background is change management and business consultancy, so I have many years experience of work related stress and relationship challenges and this really helps me to help you, whether your difficulties are related to your work or are personal or family related. As well as the personal counselling service I offer, I provide counselling within a staff counselling service helping their staff to work through a myriad of challenges and difficulties.
My counselling practice is governed by the British Association for Counsellors and Psychotherapists (BACP) Ethical Framework for Good Practice.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Advanced Diploma in Therapeutic Counselling, University of Derby, Buxton.
- Intermediate Certificate in Counselling Skills, University of Derby, Buxton.
- Certificate in Introduction to Counselling Concepts, University of Derby, Buxton.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Bipolar disorder/Manic depression
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Domestic violence
- Drug abuse
- Eating disorders
- Family issues
- Internet addiction
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Narcissistic personality disorder
- Postnatal depression
- Behavioural therapy
- Cognitive and behavioural therapies
- Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT)
- Couples counselling
Photos & videos
£35.00 per session.
I offer sessions in Middleton by Wirksworth and Newcastle under Lyme, Staffs.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Types of client