Lynne Dyson: Therapeutic Counsellor, BACP Registered
Hello, my name is Lynne, I am a qualified Therapeutic counsellor and member of the BACP. Firstly I would like to take the time to say thank you for reading my profile. I offer short and long term therapy, working with adults, families, couples and young people. Whilst having the training and personal experience I feel that I am in the position to understand and empathise with various situations.
I have a background including working with couples at Relate, Childline and at a Rape and Family Sexual abuse centre I can help with difficult and diverse issues. I have also worked with teenagers and young adults with complex problems.
I create a warm and confidential environment, where you can feel safe, comfortable and respected. You will be shown empathy and the ability to speak freely and share your problems openly in full confidence. I will work closely with you in a Person Centred way to help you resolve any ongoing issues that you may be experiencing.
I can help with issues in:
- anxiety and depression
- marital issues (couples or individuals)
- sibling rivalry
- childhood sexual abuse and adulthood effect
- specialise in bereavement support (long term or recent occurrence)
- low confidence and low self esteem
- compulsive eating disorders including bulimia and anorexia.
My aim is to help people overcome challenging situations that we can often unexpectedly find ourselves in. Life can be hard, lonely and frustrating and sometimes we may not know where or who to turn to in difficult and troubled times, sometimes all we need is the opportunity to be heard.
I await your call and encourage you to contact me on 07800 638653.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Person Centred Counselling Diploma
- Several years experience as a Relate Counsellor
- Worked with children and teenagers of various difficulties
- Child-Line telephone representative
- Experience dealing with people in abusive, emotional, physical and verbal relationships
- Sexual abuse matters
- Specialise in bereavement support.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Anorexia nervosa
- Asperger's syndrome
- Attachment disorder
- Avoidant personality disorder
- Bulimia nervosa
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Domestic violence
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Gender dysphoria
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Obsessive-compulsive personality disorder
- Panic disorder
- Personality disorders
Other areas of counselling I deal with
Counselling Students: £20
Home visits: £50
Telephone counselling: £25
I am currently available for home visits (where I come to you) around Bradford, Leeds, Mirfield and Brighouse.
Within a 15 minute drive from Brighouse, Halifax, Elland, Huddersfield, Bradford, Mirfield, Liversedge, Robertown and Heckmond Wyke, and also 3-4 minutes from jct 25 of the M62.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Weekdays, weekend and evenings
Types of client