Luka Hadrych - Psychotherapist, DBT Therapist and Mindfulness Teacher, MBACP
Welcome. I'm a psychological therapist/counsellor, dialectical behaviour therapist (DBT) and mindfulness teacher. I welcome clients with a range of personal difficulties whether expressed through anxiety, stress, depression, relationship or family problems and other life challenges.
Whatever your current difficulty, my training and experience gives us a choice of possible approaches from the structured and logical to the more fluid, creative and intuitive. My approach to therapy in private practice is integrative. This means that I trained in a number of counselling and psychotherapy methods and that following assessment I will adjust my way of working to your personality, expectations and specific needs. My goal is to work with you to help you become aware of what holds you back from living your life to the full and to manage obstacles more effectively.
During the initial meeting, which lasts 50 minutes, you will have time to speak about your concerns in a non-judgmental and confidential setting. This will enable you to see if you feel comfortable with me as your therapist. We will then allow for a few days for you to think and decide if you want to continue working with me.
During subsequent sessions I will help you to make sense of your circumstances and to put in place workable solutions. These will provide you with a greater meaning of where you find yourself in life. We would further develop such solutions to ensure self-fulfillment in the present moment as well as equipping you with the tools for a positive and well prepared future to meet life’s challenges.
I am also director of the only independent London-based team providing Dialectical Behaviour Therapy as designed by Dr Marsha Linehan. Along with my colleagues I share Dr Linehan's vision to make compassionate and scientifically valid treatments available to people with complex emotional difficulties. We offer both individual DBT in different parts of london and DBT skills classes near Kings Cross. DBT is a specialist therapy for self-harm, intense emotionality and borderline personality disorder.
I work from a counselling room in London Bridge which is located only a brief walk from the station. For people who cannot access this service due to location or mobility reasons I am offering therapy and mindfulness training via Skype.
Contact: 07891901607 or via email firstname.lastname@example.org
Training, qualifications & experience
Core Academic Qualifications
- MSc in Clinical and Community Psychology (University of East London)
- Post-Graduate Diploma in Counselling and Psychotherapy (Roehampton University)
- Post-Graduate Certificate in Focusing-Oriented Psychotherapy (University of East Anglia)
- Post-Graduate Certificate in Psychological Wellbeing Practice - Low Intensity CBT (Canterbury Christ Church University)
Further Specialist Training
- Training and Expert Supervision in Dialectical Behaviour Therapy (training acquired from British Isles DBT Training Team who are the sole licensed provider of DBT training in the UK and expert supervision from a senior DBT clinician from the Linehan Institute Behavioral Tech, LLC)
- Certificate in Teaching Mindfulness (Mindfulness Scotland Ltd)
- Mentalization-Based Treatment (Anna Freud Centre)
- Narrative Exposure Therapy for Trauma (Vivo International and Institute for Psychotrauma)
MBACP - I am a registered member of British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP) - see www.bacp.co.uk. I abide by their Ethical Framework for Good Practice in Counselling and Psychotherapy, work in the strictest of confidence and undertake regular supervision.
MSfDBT - I am a member of Society for Dialectical Behaviour Therapy - see www.sfdbt.org.
I have a wealth of experience providing counselling and psychotherapy in the NHS, third sector and privately. For a number of years I worked specifically with people experiencing difficulties with low mood/depression, anxiety and phobias where I supported them using techniques based on Cognitive Behaviour Therapy (CBT). I currently divide my time between working privately and in the NHS where I provide individual and group treatments based on Dialectical Behaviour Therapy (DBT) to people who experience longer-term difficulties associated with self-harm, emotional instability, impulsivity and borderline personality disorder.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Anger management
- Anorexia nervosa
- Avoidant personality disorder
- Binge-eating disorder
- Bipolar disorder/Manic depression
- Borderline personality disorder
- Bulimia nervosa
- Dependent personality disorder
- Drug abuse
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Gender dysphoria
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Histrionic personality disorder
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Narcissistic personality disorder
- Obsessive-compulsive personality disorder
- Panic disorder
- Paranoid personality disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Fees for face to face sessions are:
Between £70 and £125 for counselling and psychotherapy
Between £80 and £135 for dialectical-behaviour therapy
£80 for 2-hour DBT skills class (Saturday)
£65 for 90-minute DBT skills class (weekday)
- Fees for Skype sessions start are:
Between £50 and £80 for therapy sessions,
Between £60 and £90 for DBT and MBCT sessions
- I have some flexibility for people in financial hardship. Please ask for details at the time of booking an initial appointment.
Your personally tailored counselling or psychotherapy with me may include aspects of the following approaches:
- Person-Centred Counselling
- Cognitive Behaviour Therapy (CBT)
- Dialectical Behaviour Therapy (DBT)
- Psychodynamic and Analytic Therapy
- Mindfulness-Based Cognitive Therapy (MBCT)
- Focusing-Oriented Psychotherapy
To learn more about these approaches please visit www.mind-reframed.com/typesoftherapy.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Types of client