Lucian Sanchez (BSc Hons) pending Ind. Member BACP
Your safety, respect, right of opinion and confidentiality are more than likely the biggest factors that you are considering if you are seeking talking therapies. This is the service I offer in addition to offering you a space to explore your thoughts, vent your frustrations or channel your energy into achieving an important goal.
You may be asking yourself... 'But will it even work?' My response is to perhaps ask yourself a different question. Perhaps ask yourself... 'Feeling how I do, am I prepared to not at least give it a go?' Something significant brought you here today. I am a person with a genuine interest in that significant item.
As a person who has experienced more than my fair share of hardship, I understand only too well how life's challenges can seem over-bearing. I also understand the need to push forward and achieve goals so as to build a better and happier life.
Your sanity and happiness are incredibly important. I hope you find what you are looking for and if you choose to have me at your side, I will see you soon.
I can offer face to face counselling and telephone counselling but feel this needs to be discussed on an individual basis. If applicable, I can offer a free thirty-minute introduction session to give you a chance to ask any questions about my practice or the process as a whole.
Training, qualifications & experience
Work based knowledge and experience
I work in a specialist field within healthcare. I have, for an extended time now, worked as a Substance Misuse Practitioner where I offer therapy to my clients so they can tackle their drug and/or alcohol addiction. A lot of my clients have mental health issues, social issues, anger management issues and past trauma issues and so I have a great amount of experience in supporting these needs.
A lot of the support I offer my clients is clinical also in the form of reduction plans and detoxes. If you are facing these issues or any other type of addiction issues yourself or a friend or family member is and that is the reason you are seeking counselling, I have a vast amount of knowledge and experience in this area and would be able to offer you a lot.
I have taken a vast amount of work based training that supports people creating and achieving life goals and so if this is something you wish to talk about in therapy, I can offer you a lot in this area too.
Specific platforms of training include:
- Solution focussed brief therapy training
- Cognitive behavioural therapy training
- Motivational interviewing training
- Mindfulness training
- Relapse prevention training
- Harm reduction training
- Transactional Analysis training
Counselling knowledge and experience
I am about to start my BSc (Hons) degree at Salford University having completed my FDa degree at Liverpool John Moore's University. Specific areas of learning include:
- Psychological Therapies including Cognitive behavioural therapy, person centred therapy, humanistic therapy and psychodynamic/psychoanalytic therapy
- Cognitive behavioural therapy with anxiety and depression
- Developmental psychology
- Case studies with Mindfulness therapy and Dialectical behaviour therapy
- Reflective practice
- Ethics in counselling
- Mental health
- Mental health with Anorexia and Bulimia Nervosa
- Research Methods
Throughout my time as a therapist, I have had experience in dealing with the following issues:
- Relationship breakdown
- Divorce issues
- Domestic abuse
- Mental health issues
- Past traumatic issues with physical and emotional abuse
- Addiction problems
- Communication problems
- Sexuality issues
- Support to Young Carers under the age of eighteen who support their parents
Qualifications (Work based)
Advanced Health and Social Care Apprenticeship Diploma which includes the following modules and qualifications:
- Principles of safeguarding
- Equality, Diversity and Inclusion
- Implementing Duty of Care
- Person Centred approaches
- Principles of communication
- Supporting substance users
- Addressing substance use through an action plan
- Acting on immediate risk of danger to substance users
- Increasing awareness on drugs and alcohol
- Understanding mental health problems
- Physical health risk management for people with mental health issues
- Supporting individuals with Autistic Spectrum conditions
Qualifications (Study based)
Level 1 Introduction to Counselling (3 months)
Level 2 in Counselling (1 year)
Level 3 in Counselling skills and theories (1 year)
FDa degree in Counselling Studies (2 years)
BSc (Hons) in Counselling and Psychotherapy (About to start)
Key areas of interest
I am particularly, though not exclusively, interested in addiction. I have a growing interest with addiction to food. Through my own personal experiences, studies and through learnings from supervision, I feel I would have a lot to offer any individual facing eating problems whether this be of a binge-eating nature or a purging and/or self-starvation nature.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Anorexia nervosa
- Asperger's syndrome
- Binge-eating disorder
- Bulimia nervosa
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Domestic violence
- Drug abuse
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Internet addiction
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Acceptance and commitment therapy (ACT)
- Behavioural therapy
- Cognitive and behavioural therapies
- Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT)
- Cognitive therapy
- Couples counselling
- Humanistic therapies
- Interpersonal therapy
- Person-centred therapy
- Psychoanalytic therapy
Prices are set at 35 pounds per sixty-minute session. Students of counselling prices are set at 25 pounds per sixty-minute session.
If you feel that you perhaps need a little bit more information about my practice in order for you to make a decision, I encourage you to contact me. Finding the right counsellor for you is crucial so please do not hesitate to contact me if you feel you need a little bit more information.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Needs further discussion but I am available throughout the week and can offer evening and weekend sessions.
Types of client