Dr Louise Richards (Clinical Psychologist, Chartered Psychologist, HCPC Reg.)
One Allan Park Wellbeing Clinic
1 Allan Park
South Inch Osteopaths
1 Marshall Place
Perth And Kinross
Welcome to my page!
I offer one to one appointments at clinics in Stirling and Perth as well as online appointments via Skype.
Problems I can help with:
- Anxiety, Stress, Health Anxiety, Worry
- Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
- Trauma and Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder
- Depression, Low Self-Esteem, Bereavement
- Agoraphobia and other phobias
- Eating Disorders
- Poor Body Image
- Weight Management
- Personality Disorders and difficulties with overwhelming emotions
- Anger, Guilt and Shame
- Difficulties associated with chronic illness and pain
- Difficulties adjusting to life changes
Types of Therapy I Provide:
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT)
- Compassion Focused Therapy
- Dialectical Behaviour Therapy (DBT)
- Integrative Therapy
I am trained to work with a wide variety of difficulties across the age range but in the last 5 years have specialised in helping adults in NHS teams who help people with complex difficulties and another specialist team with helps people with eating and weight difficulties. I have over ten years of experience in delivering psychological assessment and therapy within the NHS in Scotland.
As a Clinical Psychologist I have training and experience in working with more complex problems where someone may have been suffering with difficulties for a long time or with multiple problems at once in addition to more mild to moderate issues.
How to make an appointment
You can phone or email me to make an appointment. I offer a free initial telephone consultation which helps us decide how I might be able to help. Appointments thereafter are either in person of via Skype - whichever you prefer. You can book an appointment by phone or email. Please visit my website for more information www.psychologicaltherapyscotland.co.uk
Training, qualifications & experience
I have over 10 years experience working in the NHS delivering psychological assessment and therapy in adult teams, child and adolescent mental health, primary care, secondary care, specialist teams such as plastic surgery and burns, alcohol related brain damage and eating disorders.
I am also an experienced supervisor of other psychologists, CBT therapists and other delivering psychologically informed treatment within the NHS. I have experience of delivering supervision training within the NHS. I myself receive supervision for all my clinical work as per the standards of my registering bodies.
- Doctorate in Clinical Psychology (DClinPsy), University of Glasgow (3 year clinical training)
- Bachelor of Science (BSc Honours, 1st Class) in Psychology, University of Stirling
- Bachelor of Science in Biological Sciences (BSc), University of Edinburgh
These are the qualification I require to practice as a Clinical Psychologist, however I also have numerous additional qualifications in particular therapies, difficulties and approaches such as DBT, CFT, ACT etc.
I am a fully qualified HCPC Registered Clinical Psychologist.The HCPC (Health and Care Professions Council) is the governing body which all Clinical Psychologists in the UK must register with in order to practice. I am also a Chartered Member of the British Psychological Society which means that she meets the society 'gold standard' of psychological knowledge and expertise and adheres to high levels of ethical practice and shows a commitment to continuing professional development. I am also an Associate Fellow of the BPS and a member of the BPS Division of Clinical Psychology Scotland in which I am actively involved.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Anorexia nervosa
- Binge-eating disorder
- Bipolar disorder/Manic depression
- Body dysmorphic disorder
- Borderline personality disorder
- Bulimia nervosa
- Child related issues
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Domestic violence
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Gender dysphoria
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Hearing voices
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Obsessive-compulsive personality disorder
- Panic disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Personality disorders
- Physical abuse
I believe my fees reflect my experience and the level of training required to become a registered Clinical Psychologist, you can find out more about Clinical Psychology and the differences between Clinical Psychologists and other practitioners on my website.
- Initial Telephone Consultation - free
- Email Support - free
- Session prices in person or Skype - please contact me for details
Blocks of sessions are offered at a reduced rate, please contact me for details or visit my website.
Health Insurance Providers
I am registered with a wide range of health insurance providers. If you wish to attend sessions through an insurance provider, please contact me to discuss this.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Weekday evenings and Saturday mornings for appointments. Days available depend on location. Daytime appointments coming soon!