Louise Moss BA (Hons) DIP FD TA MBACP
I am a fully qualified humanistic counsellor who offers individual, couple and group therapy in a safe and trusting environment for you to explore what is troubling you. I work in a relational way, which means that I value the relationship that we build.
Counselling can bring a growing awareness and understanding of our behavior's and help us to find alternative choices. This can empower us to make positive changes; sometimes being heard and seen can help us accept.
I am trained in EMDR which is an approach that seems to 'unblock' the brain's processing so that traumatic memories become ordinary ones. It can also be helpful for a variety of emotional and behavioral problems. It is one of the treatments for post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) recommended by the National Institute for Health and Care Excellence (NICE).
Currnetly I run a private practice alongside working for the NHS treating addiction. Prior to this I have worked at an Inpatient Psychiatric Unit, Men's Prison.s, Doctors Surgery and Private Sectors. This experience has given me the knowledge and understanding that enables me to work effectively with depression, anxiety, trauma, PTSD, personality disorders, childhood attachment issues, as well as low self esteem and relationship issues.
I offer a free 30 minutes within my initial assessment, this first session is to see how it feels for us to work together. I offer both short (6 sessions) and long term counselling depending on your needs.
Please feel free to contact me for an informal discussion or to arrange a free initial first session.
There is no obligation to commit long-term. Sometimes it helps to talk in confidence to someone outside of your immediate environment about important and difficult personal and professional decisions.
Training, qualifications & experience
I use an integrative approach including a variety of techniques, depending on the individual client;
- BA (Hons) Humanistic Counselling based on Transactional Analysis University of Middlesex
- Foundstion Degree Humanistic Counselling based on Transactional Analysis (BACP Accredited)Uni - of Winchester
- BACP Accredited Diploma in Humanistic Counselling
- TA 101 Peter Symonds Ace College
- Integrative Couple Therapy
- Group Process Therapy
- Emotional Eye Movement Desensitisation
- Training in Rape and Sexual Abuse Counselling
- Working with and understanding Personality Disorder
- ACT Acceptance Commitment Therapy (Based on Mindfulness)
- DBT Dialectical Behavioural Therapy (Based on Mindfulness)
- Understanding Relationships Relate Training
- Addiction Training
- Mindfullness Training
- Addiction and Brain Chemistry
- Sexual Desire and Brain Chemistry
- Domestic Violence Training
- Brief Solution Focused Therapy
I currently work for the NHS at a Substance Misuse Centre, alongside running a Private Practice.
My counselling experience includes:
- GP Surgery (NHS)
- Drop in Centre for Homeless
- Substance Misuse Centre NHS(current)
- Kingston Prison Portsmouth NHS
- Parklands Psychiatric Hospital MOD Department NHS
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Anorexia nervosa
- Antisocial personality disorder
- Attachment disorder
- Avoidant personality disorder
- Binge-eating disorder
- Bipolar disorder/Manic depression
- Body dysmorphic disorder
- Borderline personality disorder
- Bulimia nervosa
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Dependent personality disorder
- Domestic violence
- Drug abuse
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Gender dysphoria
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Histrionic personality disorder
- Internet addiction
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Narcissistic personality disorder
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Obsessive-compulsive personality disorder
- Panic disorder
- Paranoid personality disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Personality disorders
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Postnatal depression
- Pregnancy and birth
- Relationship issues
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Separation and divorce
- Separation anxiety
- Sex addiction
- Sexual abuse
- Suicidal thoughts
- Work-related stress
- Acceptance and commitment therapy (ACT)
- Behavioural therapy
- Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT)
- Couples counselling
£45 per session. Initial session free of charge.
Couples £55 per session . Initial session free charge.
I hold an enhanced DRB check.
Evening and weekend appointments available.
My room is very near to the M3 and the town centre. There is free parking outside.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Daytime and evening appointments
Types of client