Silver Birch Counselling
17 New Road Avenue
0845 050 9695 / 07910 840112
Please do not think that seeking counselling is a sign of weakness or that you can not cope – it shows that you are willing to take good care of yourself, and can be looked on as an investment in yourself.
So how can I help you? What do you need from counselling?
Do you need someone to listen to you and to understand?
Do you need someone to help you:-
- Sort out your feelings
- Make changes in your life
- Get back in control of your own life
- Combat unhelpful thinking patterns
- Reduce anxiety and stress
- Put your relationship back on track
- Develop your assertiveness skills
- Increase your confidence
- Overcome fears
- Overcome issues from your past that intrude into your current life
- Take steps to make your life happier and more fulfilling
- Explore who you really are and how you want your life to look
I offer an experienced, professional and confidential service, at a reasonable price.
I would welcome the opportunity to work together, to help you benefit from the relief of sharing your problems, increase your understanding of issues, to decide what, if any, changes you might want to make and help you set, work towards and to evaluate those changes.
The counselling I offer is called Integrative. What this means in plain English is that I work from a variety of therapeutic theories, using the models and ‘tools’ that meet the needs of the individual client. These include psychodynamic, person centred, solution focused and cognitive behaviour.
I work long term and short term, meeting either weekly or fortnightly.
I work with a wide range of issues: - Please see below for the areas of counselling I work with.
People find me easy to open up to and I am genuinely interested in hearing your story. I am supportive, non judgemental and robust enough to contain complex and painful issues.
- Accredited Member of the BACP (British Association of Counsellors and Psychotherapists) and I abide by their Code of Ethics and Practice.
- UKRCP (United Kingdom Register of Counsellors and Psychotherapists.) Registered Independent Counsellor.
Medway Towns, Kent. I have a comfortable, private counselling room in Chatham, close to public transport and public car parks. I have use of a room with disabled access if required.
I offer day time and evening appointments, with either weekly or fortnightly appointments. I undertake both short and long term work with clients.
Training, qualifications & experience
Diploma in Integrative Counselling - University of Canterbury - 2005
Certificate of Counselling Studies - University of Canterbury - 2002
BACP Accreditation - 2008
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Asperger's syndrome
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Domestic violence
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Physical abuse
- Postnatal depression
Other areas of counselling I deal with
Mid Life Crisis,
Life Stage Transitions,
Identity, Self Exploration,
Issues from Past,
£40 - £50 per session.
Reduced costs for Counselling Students.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|