Louise Massetti - MBACP
You and your life's journey are unique.
Clients often tell me that counselling has helped them find peace of mind, it is clear that many of us are searching for the same thing. No matter what your background, upbringing or personal circumstances, many of us at some time in our lives will be faced with a problem that cannot be resolved just by talking to friends and family alone. Just like you, the therapeutic relationship is unique, it can offer you the opportunity to speak to someone who is compassionate and has your well-being at the heart of the work.
It is my aim to create a stable, trusting relationship with you, which can then enable you to look at life in a safe, non-judgmental, confidential environment, offering new perspectives with positive outcomes. I use a holistic approach and have experience supporting people to explore and overcome life's obstacles and challenges.
I am a fully qualified integrative therapist, which means I can draw upon a number of models and theories, where I am able to use the approach which works best for you. This may include Transactional Analysis, Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) and Psychotherapeutic Therapy.
Whatever brings you to counselling, you can rely on me to be passionate about supporting you through your difficulties and to help you with times when circumstances may seem hard to cope with on your own.
I have experience in working successfully with a wide range of issues.
Some include: bereavement, separation and divorce, stress, anxiety and depression, chronic pain, relationship struggles and loss of good communication.
Training, qualifications & experience
- CPCAB Advanced Diploma in Psychotherapeutic Counselling
- BACP Certificate of Proficiency, Accredited Voluntary Register
- CPCAB Diploma in Integrative Humanistic Counselling
- Level 3 Diploma in Counselling Skills
- Level 2 Diploma in Counselling Studies
Continued Professional Development:
- Certificate - Working with Autism
- Certificate - Couples Counselling
- Certificate - The impact of the Mid-life Crisis on Couples
- Certificate - Psychotropic Medicine
I have worked and volunteered for a wide variety of organisations including:
- Thames Valley Police
- Crime Reduction Incentive (supporting vulnerable adults)
- YMCA (supporting young adults)
- Secondary School Counselling (supporting teens)
- G.P. Surgeries serving a large community (supporting adults and young people)
- Volunteer for mental health agencies in Milton Keynes
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Antisocial personality disorder
- Attachment disorder
- Avoidant personality disorder
- Bipolar disorder/Manic depression
- Borderline personality disorder
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Dependent personality disorder
- Domestic violence
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Histrionic personality disorder
- Internet addiction
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Narcissistic personality disorder
- Obsessive-compulsive personality disorder
- Panic disorder
- Paranoid personality disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Personality disorders
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Postnatal depression
- Pregnancy and birth
- Relationship issues
- Schizoid personality disorder
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Sex addiction
- Sex problems
- Sexual abuse
- Suicidal thoughts
- Work-related stress
- Young carers
Deciding to go ahead with counselling can be difficult. It's important that you feel comfortable speaking with me, so please call me for an initial conversation where you can give me an outline of what you are looking to achieve and I can explain how I work and what you can expect from the sessions.
Individuals - Sessions are £40.00 for an hour
Couples - Sessions are £50.00 for an hour, please allow up to 90 mins for first session.
Sessions are usually weekly.
Cancellations: As I cannot fill your allocated time, please allow 48 hours notice before full payment is due.
In everything I do, confidentiality is paramount and as a registered member of the British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy (BACP) I adhere to their code of ethics to ensure safe and ethical practice.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Types of client