Louise Holyoake - Stepping Stones Therapy Registered Member BACP
Hello there and thank you for taking the time to visit my page.
I can fully appreciate how difficult it can be to find the right person to discuss your personal and important issues. I will listen to you without judgement, giving you the space and time in which to safely explore these issues and concerns. It is due to this, that I offer a free 30 minute consultation. This is to ensure that we are both comfortable in working together.
My role as your therapist is to assist you as you begin the journey and process of exploring the feelings and emotions that are often experienced as a result of issues and problems in your life.
I work mainly in a person centred way, which means that I believe that you are the expert on you and your life. I am trained as an integrated counsellor which means that I have other theoretical backgrounds to draw upon and I will tailor this to your individual need. I am here to support and provide you with the opportunity to reflect on what is happening for you. Working together collaboratively we will explore and find alternative ways of coping with emotive issues, giving you empowerment to make the changes which you seek.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Registered member of the BACP - Certificate in Proficiency held since 2013
- Diploma in Integrated Counselling held since 2010
- Cruse Bereavement - both counsellor volunteer and supervisor certificates held
Extensive experience in bereavement and loss counselling.
Other interests and experience in depression and anxiety, inner child and low self esteem.
Further training and professional development is ongoing and fluid as professional requirement.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Asperger's syndrome
- Child related issues
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Emotional abuse
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Postnatal depression
- Relationship issues
- Cognitive and behavioural therapies
- Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT)
- Humanistic therapies
Photos & videos
I offer a sliding scale of charges dependent on the individual's circumstances:
- £45 per single session, however this is reduced to £40.00 - per session for 5 consecutive sessions booked and paid for in advance.
- £30.00 - per session for Students/OAP's/Low Income, however this is reduced to £25.00 - per session for Students/OAP's/Low Income for 5 consecutive sessions booked and paid for in advance.
- £55 per session, however this is reduced to £50 per session for 5 consecutive sessions booked and paid for in advance
- £45.00 per session for Students/OAP's/Low Income, however this is reduced to £40.00 for 5 consecutive sessions booked and paid for in advance.
All sessions are 50 minutes duration.
Please note that I would request 24 hours notice of any cancellations otherwise a cancellation fee of 50% of the full fee will be charged.
If you are unable to travel to my counselling room, and if after an assessment your home environment is agreed to be appropriate and suitable, I can offer a visiting counselling service. This can be particularly useful for people with sight loss or other disabilities, or anyone who may have difficulty in independent mobility. There may be an extra charge, depending upon the distance I travel to visit you. This cost can be negotiated between us when we agree our contract of working.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Mon, Weds, Thurs and Fri days and evenings, some sessions available weekends, please contact me to discuss.
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|