Louise Fenton - Counsellor (MBACP)
308A Ashby Road
Hi, my name is Louise and I am a fully qualified, experienced Counsellor. I am a registered member of the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (MBACP) and I work within the BACP code of ethics at all times. I am fully insured and hold an enhanced criminal bureau check.
I work in my private practice; Grey Matters Centre in Ashby, Scunthorpe, offering one-to-one counselling.
I offer a individual therapy service using an integrative approach. This means I provide counselling from a variety of evidence-based therapeutic models giving the most appropriate therapeutic package for each client.
I am very passionate about my job as a Counsellor and using patience, kindness and care create a confidential and safe environment to help you to explore thoughts, feelings, behaviours and issues that may be interfering with your life. Helping you to understand more about yourself and together, as a team, find new ways and tools which will help you to make the changes you want.
WHAT TO EXPECT
I understand that to seek counselling can seem very daunting and sometimes it takes courage and strength to take the first step. If you have decided to contact me we can arrange to meet for a full and thorough assessment. This session lasts one hour so it gives us time for you to talk about your difficulties. I will explain how I work and how our sessions will be confidential. I will ask you questions and explore what has brought you along to counselling, what is happening for you and some of your history. It will be important for me to know what your aims and goals are so that we know what we are trying to achieve. Hopefully this lets you get to know me a little and help you decide if you would like us to continue to work together. If this is what you decide to do then we can arrange further appointments for you. Usually this is once a week but we can discuss this if this is not suitable. The duration of the sessions are usually goal orientated and I am happy to be guided by your preference.
WHAT IS COUNSELLING
Counselling is a safe and confidential environment which gives you the space and freedom to explore your own thoughts. It helps you to understand yourself better and the way you think which will ultimately help you develop a clearer understanding of your problems. The more armed with information you are the more tools you have, the easier it becomes to work through difficulties you are facing so that you can come out of the other side feeling more positive. Counselling can also help you understand other people's points of view and the way you react to them.
I provide a confidential counselling service, the contents of the sessions are confidential between the two of us.
ISSUES I CAN HELP WITH
I have had personal experiences with Anxiety, Generalized Anxiety and Panic Attacks so I have done extensive studies on these areas and I am very passionate about this work.
I work with a variety of Anger Issues, O.C.D, Phobias and Relationship Issues.
I specialize with clients; Men, Women and Children, who have suffered from; Sexual Abuse, Trauma, Post Traumatic Stress Disorder or Domestic Violence.
I do not work with anyone who have previous convictions of sexual offences and/or are currently the focus of an on going police investigation or criminal justice proceedings.
I volunteered for Rape Crisis for 3 years where I worked with clients who had suffered with: Rape, Sexual Abuse or Domestic Violence.
I volunteered for Cruse Bereavement Care, having completed their training program with accreditation.
ONGOING PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT
I am continuously undertaking further training in the areas of trauma, dissociation, neuroscience and attachment disorders.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy Level 5
- Diploma Counselling Children and Adolescents
- AQA Diploma in Therapeutic Counselling
- AQA Advanced Certificate in Counselling
- AQA Certificate in Counselling
- PTSD Practitioner Management Diploma Level 4
- Eating Disorder Diploma Level 4
- Understanding and working with Dissociation Foundation course, ESTD-UK
- Working Therapeutically with Complex Traumatic Dissociation Post Foundation Course, ESTD-UK
- Certificate of Proficiency
- ASIST Suicide Intervention workshop
- Safe Talk suicide alertness training
- MHFA Mental Health First Aid course
- Sexual Violence and Abuse Training
- Good lives and Intervention Planning with Young People and Sexual Harm
- Enabling Complex Young People with Harmful Behavior to Engage in intervention
- Learning about Sex Offenders Awareness Raising
- Understanding the Perspectives of Sexual Abuse Survivors
- Child Trafficking
- Child Development and Vulnerability of Babies
- Difficult, Dangerous and Disturbing Behavior
- Domestic Abuse and Impact on the Child Level 1, 2 and 3
- Domestic Abuse Level 3
- Neglect and Impact on the Child Level 1
- Child Protection and Substance Misuse
- Silk or Gold; Female Genital Mutilation
- Safeguarding Adolescents and Understanding Risky Behavior
- Inner Child Workshop
- How to support Children and Young People where Bullying is a Factor
- Understanding the MARAC process
- Child Psychology level 3
- Child Protection Foundation Level 3
- Accreditation Cruse Bereavement Care
- Understanding and working with self harm and self injury in children and young people
- Working with Men
- Trauma, Dissociation and Recovery. Healing the Brain
- Child Sexual Abuse: Hope for Healing
- Working with Relational Trauma
- Working with Nightmares and Dreams
- Making Trauma Therapy Safer: Babette Rothschild
- Dissociation and Dissociative Identity Disorder. The Fundamentals
- Working with Dissociative Disorders in Clinical Practice
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Anorexia nervosa
- Antisocial personality disorder
- Asperger's syndrome
- Attachment disorder
- Attachment disorder in children
- Avoidant personality disorder
- Behaviour problems
- Binge-eating disorder
- Bipolar disorder/Manic depression
- Body dysmorphic disorder
- Borderline personality disorder
- Bulimia nervosa
- Child related issues
- Childhood bereavement
- Childhood bullying
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Dependent personality disorder
- Depression and anxiety in children
- Domestic violence
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Hearing voices
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Narcissistic personality disorder
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Obsessive-compulsive personality disorder
- Panic disorder
- Paranoid personality disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Personality disorders
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Postnatal depression
- Pregnancy and birth
- Relationship issues
- Schizoid personality disorder
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Separation and divorce
- Separation anxiety
- Sex addiction
- Sexual abuse
- Suicidal thoughts
- Work-related stress
Photos & videos
Each session lasts 50 minutes.
The fee is £40 and is payable at the beginning of the session.
Please give as much notice as possible for cancellations. If less than 24 hours are given a full fee is charged.
I understand that coming for counselling can be daunting especially when you are feeling vulnerable or low so I would like to take this opportunity to explain a few things and hopefully ease some anxieties some people may have.
Grey Matters is located in Ashby near Scunthorpe, in a very easily reached location. It is situated on local bus routes and there is a bus stop across the road. There is also ample parking for cars around the building.
There is a waiting room for your convenience, which you are welcome to come in and take a seat.
When it is your appointment time I will greet you and welcome you into the counselling room.
There is a choice of seats and you will be offered a glass of water.
The room is safe, cozy and warm which I feel, assists the therapeutic process.
I am highly motivated in providing a high-quality service to my clients and to contribute to meeting the needs of mental health problems and issues.
Thank you for visiting my profile page. If you would like to know more visit my website; www.greymatterscentre.co.uk
Please get in touch; I shall look forward to hearing from you.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
I offer short or long term therapy, which ever suits your needs and requirements. I am available for daytime and evening appointments and some immediate appointments may be available.
Types of client