Louise Fenton - Counsellor (MBACP)
308A Ashby Road
Hi, my name is Louise and I am a fully qualified, experienced Counsellor. I am a registered member of the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (MBACP) and I work within the BACP code of ethics at all times. I am fully insured and hold an enhanced criminal bureau check.
I use an integrative approach as I find this helps to suit your individual needs within short or long term therapy. I am very passionate about my job as a Counsellor and using patience, kindness and care create a confidential and safe environment to help you to explore thoughts, feelings, behaviours and issues that may be interfering with your life. Helping you to understand more about yourself and together find new ways and tools which will help you to make the changes you want.
I work in my private practice Grey Matters Centre, in Ashby, Scunthorpe, offering one-to-one counselling and I have a wide variety of experience working with people suffering from Anxiety, Generalized Anxiety Disorder, Anger issues, Agoraphobia, Attachment Disorders, Eating Disorders, Personality Disorders, Phobias, Post Natal Depression, Dissociative Disorders, O.C.D., to name but a few.
I specialise with clients; Men, Women and Children, who have suffered from Sexual Abuse, Trauma, Post Traumatic Stress Disorder, Mental and Physical Abuse, Rape, Self Harm and Suicidal feelings. I do not work with anyone who have previous convictions of sexual offences and/or are currently the focus of an on going police investigation or criminal justice proceedings.
I have experience of working at Its My Right (Rape Crisis) for six years.
I also volunteered for Cruse Bereavement Care, having completed their training program with accreditation.
I understand that to seek counselling can seem very daunting and sometimes it takes courage and strength to take the first step. In the first appointment we can discuss what you are looking for, what you would like to achieve from Counselling, and then decide if I am the right Counsellor for you and if you would like to book an appointment. I am currently available for daytime and evening appointments and I look forward to hearing from you.
I am always working towards my development as a Counsellor and I regularly attend courses and workshops to update my knowledge and skills.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy Level 5
- Diploma Counselling Children and Adolescents
- AQA Diploma in Therapeutic Counselling
- AQA Advanced Certificate in Counselling
- AQA Certificate in Counselling
- Certificate of Proficiency
- ASIST Suicide Intervention workshop
- Safe Talk suicide alertness training
- MHFA Mental Health First Aid course
- Sexual Violence and Abuse Training
- Good lives and Intervention Planning with Young People and Sexual Harm
- Enabling Complex Young People with Harmful Behavior to Engage in intervention
- Learning about Sex Offenders Awareness Raising
- Understanding the Perspectives of Sexual Abuse Survivors
- Child Trafficking
- Child Development and Vulnerability of Babies
- Difficult, Dangerous and Disturbing Behavior
- Domestic Abuse and Impact on the Child Level 1, 2 and 3
- Domestic Abuse Level 3
- Neglect and Impact on the Child Level 1
- Child Protection and Substance Misuse
- Silk or Gold; Female Genital Mutilation
- Safeguarding Adolescents and Understanding Risky Behavior
- Inner Child Workshop
- How to support Children and Young People where Bullying is a Factor
- Understanding the MARAC process
- Child Psychology merit level 3
- Post Traumatic Stress Disorder Management Diploma merit
- Child Protection Foundation Level 3
- Accreditation Cruse Bereavement Care
- Eating Disorder Practitioner level 4
- Understanding and working with Dissociation Foundation course, ESTD-UK
- Working Therapeutically with Complex Traumatic Dissociation Post Foundation Course, ESTD-UK
- Understanding and working with self harm and self injury in children and young people
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Anorexia nervosa
- Antisocial personality disorder
- Asperger's syndrome
- Attachment disorder
- Avoidant personality disorder
- Binge-eating disorder
- Bipolar disorder/Manic depression
- Body dysmorphic disorder
- Borderline personality disorder
- Bulimia nervosa
- Child related issues
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Dependent personality disorder
- Domestic violence
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Hearing voices
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Narcissistic personality disorder
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Obsessive-compulsive personality disorder
- Panic disorder
- Paranoid personality disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Personality disorders
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Postnatal depression
- Pregnancy and birth
- Relationship issues
- Schizoid personality disorder
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Separation and divorce
- Sexual abuse
- Suicidal thoughts
- Work related stress
Each session lasts 50 minutes.
The fee is £35 and is payable at the beginning of the session.
I understand that coming for counselling can be daunting especially when you are feeling vulnerable or low so I would like to take this opportunity to explain a few things and hopefully ease some anxieties some people may have.
Grey Matters is located in Ashby near Scunthorpe, in a very easily reached location. It is situated on local bus routes and there is a bus stop across the road. There is also ample parking for cars around the building.
There is a waiting room for your convenience, which you are welcome to come in and take a seat.
When it is your appointment time I will greet you and welcome you into the counselling room.
There is a choice of seats and you will be offered a glass of water.
The room is safe, cozy and warm which I feel, assists the therapeutic process.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
I offer short or long term therapy, which ever suits your needs and requirements. I am available for daytime and evening appointments and some immediate appointments may be available.
Types of client