Louise Barnard MA BPC MBACP (Snr. Accred)
58 Clifton Gardens
020 8209 9855
Perhaps you feel depressed, anxious, angry or stressed. These are feelings which can overwhelm and keep you stuck and unable to get on with your life.
Perhaps something upsetting has happened recently and you find yourself thinking, why does this keep happening to me? Why do I get so stirred up?
It takes some courage to seek out support and help and yet talking to someone can bring a great deal of relief: to be listened to and taken seriously.
I offer a safe and confidential space to talk and think about your feelings and concerns. Talking can bring relief, as can the possibility of understanding unhelpful patterns of thought and behaviour. Such patterns may have developed over time, are being repeated in the present and cause unhappiness and difficulties in current relationships.
As a Tavistock trained Psychotherapist, with over 20 years of experience, I work with individuals, helping them to think about their difficulties: gradually bringing unconscious thoughts and feelings into consciousness which can help with development in many areas of life..
Training, qualifications & experience
- MA in Psychoanalytic Psychotherapy
- Member of British Psychoanalytic Council BPC
- Member of the Tavistock Society of Psychotherapists TSP
- Senior Member of British Association of Counselling and Psychotherapy MBACP Snr Accred
- Clinical trainings in Psychoanalytic Psychotherapy at Tavistock Portman NHS Trust
- Post Foundation Seminars at the Institute of Psychoanalysis
- Further Diploma in Psychotherapy and Counselling from MHCPC
- Diploma in Psychotherapy and Counselling from MHCPC
- Diploma in Person Centered Art Therapy
- EMDR - the treatment of Post Traumatic Stress Disorder through Eye Movement Desensitization
I studied at the Tavistock completing an MA in Psychoanalytic Psychotherapy and the intermediate clinical training in Intercultural Psychotherapy.
I also initially completed a diploma and further diploma in Psychodynamic counselling and psychotherapy at MHCPC and a Diploma in Art Therapy.
I have been working as Psychotherapist for over 20 years. Whilst I have maintained a private practice, I have also worked in a variety of different settings, including working in the Trauma Unit at the Tavistock Portman NHS Trust, with Scots who now live in London through the charity Scotscare, with refugees and asylum seekers at the British Red Cross, at a Women's Refuge and a charity that helps mothers with new babies.
I am currently co-authoring a paper for a journal and a chapter on the setting up of the Psychotherapy Service for Refugees and Asylum seekers at the British Red Cross, which I hope will be published in 2017.
Accredited register membership
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Anorexia nervosa
- Attachment disorder
- Binge-eating disorder
- Bulimia nervosa
- Child related issues
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Panic disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Personality disorders
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Postnatal depression
Initial consultation appointments - £70.
It is usually helpful to have two or three consultation meetings in which presenting issues can be talked about together with a discussion of the fee and also what might be the most helpful form of treatment, either a short term intervention or a piece of work that is open ended.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
I have appointments before work and during the day - Monday to Friday.
Types of client