Louisa DuBarry-Hennessy MBACP Accredited Counsellor - Tonbridge
The Ananda Clinic
231 Hadlow Road
During life we can experience a mixture of feelings; for example: sadness, confusion, powerlessness, anger, fear, hopelessness, low-self-esteem, anxiety, disappointment and depression. We may not know why we are feeling this way and counselling can help us understand this better. I offer you a confidential space where I will listen with warmth,empathy and care so you can explore what is troubling you to help you find a more satisfying life.
When life presents varied challenges, counselling can help assist you to enhance your inner resources and strengths to explore what is troubling you and to facilitate a way towards healing.
My training is in Humanistic counselling grounded in the Person Centred method and included training in Gestalt and Psychosynthesis theory and practice and knowledge of attachment theory.
I have been described as a warm, trustworthy,confidential, caring, empathetic professional who can offer a multi-dimensional model for each individual client, adhering to the BACP code of Ethics.
I offer both short and long term counselling to clients with a variety of issues including:
- Loss, Bereavement and Grief
- Bereaved By Suicide
- Guilt and Shame
- Self Esteem
- Varied Addictions
- Relationship Issues
- Mental Health issues
- Working with Strengths
- Childhood Sexual Abuse Recovery with adults
- Counselling within the criminal justice system specialising in substance/alcohol misuse.
Training, qualifications & experience
Current Practice :
In additions to my Private practice in Tonbridge, I also work as a Humanistic Counsellor for Insight Healthcare, Talking Therapies, Kent.
I am a Registered Practitioner with WPA, a leading UK health insurer.
- Counsellor for Cruse Bereavement
- Counsellor within in, Criminal Justice system as a Recovery and group Worker at CRI which involved working closely with various agencies and professionals including the Police, Probation, Social Workers and Doctors.The principal agency is Probation for whom was offered a range of services including one to one and group support to offenders who have been issued Alcohol Treatment Requirement (ATR) and Drug Requirement Rehabilitation (DRR) orders by the courts, rather than a custodial sentence for crimes related to Drug and Alcohol abuse. I offered Adult Substance Misuse combined assessments including risk assessment work with Probation, and counselling.
- Counsellor, key worker and group worker at Kenward Trust - Alcohol Treatment Requirement Programme working with Criminal Justice.
- Counsellor at Maidstone Prison
- Counsellor at Tunbridge Wells Mental Health Resource Centre.
- Working within secondary schools for behaviourally challenged pupils as a qualified Learning Support Assistant and lead in running and offering Complementary Therapies in the form of Indian Head Massage therapy to reduce stress levels and encouraging a feeling of well-being which can lead to improved concentration, self-esteem and self-confidence.
- Providing telephone counselling support for the Phobics Society relating to PTSD
BACP Accredited Counsellor/Psychotherapist
Advanced Diploma in Humanistic Counselling
Accredited Cruse Bereavement Volunteer Counselling
Awareness in Bereavement Care
Learning Support Assistant
Continued Professional Development
I have undertaken CPD in some of the following areas:
- Attachment, attachment Disorder/Trauma & Recovery
- Mental Health and Mental Illness/Substance Misuse
- Domestic Violence
- The Prison of Shame
- Applied Suicide Intervention Skills Training (ASSIST) The ASIST training is for people who want to feel more comfortable, confident and competent in helping to prevent the immediate risk of suicide.
- Positive Psychology and Working with Strengths
- HIV Awareness
- Dissociation Trauma and Time - Travelling/Living with Dissociative Identity Disorder
- Understanding and Working with Issues of Anger.
- Working with Shame and Guilt
- A Child's Grief
- Attachment, Trauma and Dissociation
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
- A Gestalt Approach to Sub-Personalities
- Bereaved By Suicide
- Attachment, Separation and Loss
- Sudden and Traumatic Death
- Understanding and working through Depression
- Working with Issues of Self- Esteem
- Creative Tools for Counselling
- Primary and Secondary Attachment
- Love and Loss/History and Problems
- Understanding Learning Difficulties
- Issues around Notes, Reports, Recordings and Record Keeping
- Children's CAF
- Data Protection and Human Rights
Accredited register membership
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Attachment disorder
- Child related issues
- Domestic violence
- Drug abuse
- Emotional abuse
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Hearing voices
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Panic disorder
- Personality disorders
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Postnatal depression
Individuals - £40 for a 60 minute counselling session.
The first session includes an assessment. This is to explore and discuss what you would like from counselling. It also gives you an opportunity to ask me any questions about the therapy. This does not commit you to further sessions.
Concessions are available to students in counselling.
My Practice I offer long and short term counselling on a one to one basis.
Location I work from Tonbridge
Free parking in Tonbridge
Hours I currently have availability on Fridays.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Please contact me for my availability which is currently Fridays.
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|