Lorraine Way Registered MBACP Dip.Counselling
Whatever the reason is that has lead you to search for a counsellor, I can offer counselling to adults and young people in a confidential space where we can explore and reflect on the challenges you are facing, sometimes it is difficult for us to make sense of the feelings we are experiencing, I can offer you a safe and welcoming environment to do this.
As fully qualified Integrative counsellor I offer a safe, non-judgemental relationship within which to explore your sense of self, values, relationships, and patterns of behaviour. I will listen, support and challenge in order to help you clarify your experience, recognise stuck patterns, and find your own way of living life more fully.
HOW CAN COUNSELLING HELP
I believe that providing someone with psychological tools can be invaluable. I also believe in the power of a good connection between two people, to enable the client to unlock their potential and find courage, confidence, inspiration, success and happiness.
I understand that feelings don’t need to be avoided or feared, they just are. I feel adept at helping people overcome their griefs and their struggles. Above all my training however, and CENTRAL to my ethos as a practitioner in Mental Health is the belief that every body carries within them their own inner wisdom or inner guiding principle. Some refer to it as ‘the inner healer’ or intuition or unconscious intelligence. This inner wisdom is what I rely on. I know that all people are creative and that given the right circumstances, everyone can find their way. As someone once put it: the therapist is not an active agent but a “co-adventurer’ who intelligently supports what is happening.
I am a registered member of the British Association of Counselling and Psychotherapy and adhere to their ethical guidelines.
My counselling experience is varied and includes:
- Relationship issues
- Stress related issues
- Low self-esteem and lack of confidence
- Sexual abuse
- Bereavement and loss
- Work related issues
I provide one to one counselling in Sandhurst Berkshire, near to Crowthorne, Camberley, Yateley and Wokingham. If you would like an informal chat about counselling please contact me.
Thank you for viewing my profile
Training, qualifications & experience
- BACP Registered British Association of Counselling and Psychotherapy
- Advanced Diploma In Integrative Psychotherapeutic Counselling (Level 4) (CPCAB)
- Certificate in Counselling Studies (Level 3) (CPCAB)
- Certificate In Counselling Skills (Level 2) (CPCAB)
Continued training include certificates in:
- Mental Health Awareness
- Attachment Styles
- The Many Meanings of Anxiety
- When things are never the same again
- Transformation: From Trauma to Containment
- Therapeutic Approach to Suicide
- Working Creatively with Young People
- Systemic and Family Psychotherapy
- NLP & EFT
- Talking Therapies procedures
- Motivational Interviewing
- Mindfulness for self care
- Disclosure of Sexual Abuse
- Short Term solution focussed work
- Youth Counselling Service Training
- Universal Safeguarding Children and Vulnerable Adults
I hold a current DBS certificate and am fully insured to practice in a private setting.
Along side my private practice, I work for a local BACP Accredited agency offering adult & youth counselling.
I also work as a school counsellor and offer counselling in a GP practice.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Asperger's syndrome
- Attachment disorder
- Body dysmorphic disorder
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Domestic violence
- Drug abuse
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Gender dysphoria
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Hearing voices
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Panic disorder
Individuals £45 per 50 minute session.
Online Counselling via Facetime or Skype also available.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Daytime and Evening appointments available.
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|