Lorraine Warwick Registered/MBACP
I offer counselling which is supportive and confidential to enable you to identify choices and find ways to move forward. Improve your relationships and ways of relating, For example help you to interact with people more comfortably or work or through anxiety or depression. Life can be difficult, stressful especially in the fast changing modern environment which we live in. I have completed many courses to enhance my professional knowledge. This enables my success with my client work working with issues of stress, anxiety,depression poor health, low self esteem, work related issues, marital issues etc. I offer short or long term therapy.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Diploma in Person Centered Therapeutic Counselling
- Understanding the impact of sexual trauma
- Awareness in Bereavement Care - a foundation course
- CRUSE course in child grief
- Couple counselling Module 4 & 5
- An exploration of Attachment Theory with Sir Richard Bowlby
- The Mind and Body of Safer Trauma Therapy with Babette Rothschild,
- The S.T.O.P system for bringing panic attacks and anxiety under control with Frances Masters
- The Rewind Technique with Dr David Muss used for Trauma and PTSD and experience in stress relationship issues, abortion, suicide and low self esteem
- BACP Proficiency Test
- 'I want to break free' (Victory over Asperger's Syndrome)
- Solution Focus - Brief Therapy
- Systemic Family Therapy
- Counselling Suicidal Clients
- Understanding Dissociation and complex Dissociative Disorders
- Working with Self-Harm
- Loss through Dementia
- Working with Sand/Sand Therapy
- The Art of counselling children and young people
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Asperger's syndrome
- Attachment disorder
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Domestic violence
- Drug abuse
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Panic disorder
Other areas of counselling I deal with
Cultural issues. Dissociation and Complex Dissociative Disorders
Individuals, 50 mins - £30
Couples, 50 mins - £40
Unemployed or low wage earner fee negotiable
Student counselling - fee negotiable
Online counselling - fee negotiable
I am fully insured, undertake regular supervision and extensive on-going professional development. I abide by the ethical code of BACP of which I am a registered member.
If I am unable to take your phone call please leave a text message or send me an email telling me how and when you would prefer me to contact you. I will contact you as soon as possible.
I am able to offer long or short-term therapy.
My private practice is in Hitchin or Bedford
I may provide a home visit in some situations, if it would be of help.
Person-Centred therapy: The Person-Centred approach views that each person has the ability to move in the direction of a more fulfilling and satisfying way of being and living their lives. It is based on a trust in the inner resources of the client to find their own answers and direction. In a non-directive, non-advice giving way the Person-Centred counsellor provides the necessary conditions for this growth to develop. The client knows what hurts and has the capacity within the safety of a therapeutic relationship to begin a healing process.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Available days. Evenings & Weekends if that's helpful.
Types of client