24 Fore Street
I am a BACP (British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy) accredited counsellor in private practice in central Ipswich. I work with adults on a one-to-one basis for short and long term work.
I offer the opportunity to enter into a safe, ethical, confidential and supportive counselling relationship, giving the chance to explore feelings, thoughts and beliefs about yourself, your relationships, your experiences and your place in the world.
Training, qualifications & experience
I qualified in 2003 and am a humanistic integrative counsellor. This means I have been trained in a wide range of approaches to understanding feelings, thoughts, behaviour, relationships, what can go wrong and what can help when we are troubled. I believe in human potential for growth and that insights, self awareness and resolution achieved in a safe counselling relationship can lead to realisation of that potential. I am also interested in how we are influenced and shaped by society and culture.
Although I work across a wide range of issues, I have two areas of specialism:
1. Working with people who identify as lesbian, gay, bisexual or transgender (LGB&T) or who are anywhere on the continuums of sexuality and gender identity. For more information, please see my entry on the Pink Therapy website www.pinktherapy.com
2. Working with trauma in a body-focused way. Trauma can be defined as a time or an event in which we felt overwhelmed and helpless. It can be anything from a one-off event, such as assault or car accident, to more complex trauma caused by abuse or neglect. For more information about how I work with trauma, please go to www.traumahealing.org
I work in accordance with the BACP’s Ethical Framework for Good Practice and keep up to date with new ideas and research by undertaking regular continuing professional development.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Anger management
- Emotional abuse
- Gender dysphoria
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Panic disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Personality disorders
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
Other areas of counselling I deal with
I am interested in issues of identity and difference and experience of prejudice and discrimination.
My usual fee is £40 per session but this is negotiable for people on low income and counselling trainees.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
I see clients Monday to Thursday and have daytime and evening appointments. Please contact me for availability.
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|
Supervision & training
I am a supervisor-in-training with the Gestalt Centre in London and offer low-cost supervision to trainee counsellors as well as more experienced therapists.View supervision profile