Lisa Sheppard - Registered Member of the BACP - CBT Practitioner
Peter Wyatt & Associates
534 London Road
**FREE, NO OBLIGATION ASSESSMENT**
**REGISTERED MEMBER OF THE BACP**
**EXPERIENCED IN CHILD AND ADOLESCENT COUNSELLING**
**WEEKEND SESSIONS CURRENTLY AVAILABLE **
- Are past experiences getting in the way of the present?
- Do anxiety and depression interfere with your ability to enjoy life?
- Do you have difficulty in managing your emotions?
- Do you engage in behaviours that are not good for you?
- Are you grieving?
- Have you got sidetracked from your vision of your future?
- Do you feel driven to engage in certain behaviours?
- Are you overwhelmed with negative and unhelpful thoughts?
- Do you want to take your inner critic less seriously?
- Is your avoidance leading to significant problems in your life?
- Have you suffered from trauma?
- Are you an adult survivor of child abuse?
- Do you struggle with self-loathing?
- Are you having difficulties with relationships, your job or career?
- Are you a concerned parent of a child with troubles?
- Do you engage in fruitless conflicts?
- Do you find yourself daydreaming about another life that you’re not living?
- Is it difficult to know what you really want?
Whatever reason brings you to my page today, I am so glad that you came across it.
It is easy to become disconnected from our relationships and ourselves, and lose sight of our values and goals. Fortunately our personal struggles do not have to define who we are. Change is possible and it can be a remarkable and liberating thing; in fact, change can offer us a unique opportunity for personal growth and development.
Change can impact upon our circumstances and the way in which we choose to view and interact with others too, because – ‘We often don’t see things as they actually are, we more often than not see them as we are’.
You have the right to feel emotionally healthy and this can begin when you give yourself permission to explore and address your personal experience, emotions and behaviours; especially if they are disrupting your life. Together we can discover what's beneath your symptoms.
Reaching out is incredibly brave. Change takes courage, because acknowledging the need for help can be uncomfortable, painful or frightening.
When you are seeking therapy, finding the right counsellor is very important. With the right counsellor, you will feel understood, valued and safe to explore difficult issues. Therefore, in order to make sure that I am the right therapist for you, your initial session will be FREE – your needs and concerns are the very focus of my practise. We will use this session time to enable you to explore your struggles, share your expectations and discuss any goals that you may have. You will also be given the opportunity to ask me questions and gain an understanding of how I work therapeutically as a counsellor utilising person-centred and cognitive behavioural therapies/skills.
My role is to help you define your goals and create a supportive and collaborative partnership that empowers you to achieve them. Together we will develop strategies and skills to facilitate a sense of wellbeing in your life. Collaboratively we can encourage change, promote self-awareness and in the process, deepen your resilience and self-compassion. I will stand beside you as you share your story and address your struggles, offering you empathy and support along the way.
I believe that counselling provides you with the opportunity to slow down, understand the origin of your issues, examine emotional and behavioural patterns that may be ineffective and make more conscious choices about how to live.
Therapy can also provide alternative solutions for dealing with conflict and more constructive ways to manage your anxiety, depression or relational struggles.
Some clients feel the need to explore their past in order to move forward, others opt to stay in the here and now. Whilst I believe that an understanding of the past is essential, I think it’s very important to remember that positive change occurs in the present.
I believe that the counselling relationship is at the very heart of effective therapy. Therefore my philosophy is that it takes a person to help a person. It would be an honour to assist you in your journey towards health and wellness - using insight, understanding and compassion; sustainable changes can happen.
If you would prefer a FREE telephone assessment this can be arranged.
Thank you for your consideration and for taking the time to read my page and please do not hesitate to contact me if you have any further questions.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Level 2 Certificate in Initial Counselling Skills.
- Level 2 Certificate in Counselling Skills.
- Level 3 Certificate in Counselling Studies.
- Level 4 Advanced Diploma in Therapeutic Counselling.
- Level 5 Diploma in Cognitive Behavioural Therapy.
- Level 1 Safeguarding Children (LSCB).
- Level 2 Safeguarding Children (LSCB).
- BACP Certificate of Proficiency.
- Currently working towards accreditation.
- I have worked in primary/secondary schools over the past 4 years counselling students, staff and parents.
- I currently work 1 day a week in a local primary school.
- I currently run a successful and effective private practise.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Asperger's syndrome
- Behaviour problems
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Childhood bereavement
- Childhood bullying
- Children’s learning difficulties
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Depression and anxiety in children
- Domestic violence
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Gender dysphoria
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Passive aggressive behaviour
Other areas of counselling I deal with
Initial assessments are free.
My fees are £35 for a 50 minute, individual therapy session.
Reduced fees are also available for therapists in training.
In order to accommodate my clients, especially children and adolescents; I work both Saturdays and Sundays.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Fridays between 9.00am - 8.00pm and Saturday and Sundays between 9.00am-6.00pm. Please contact me for further information.
Types of client