Lisa Proudfoot Dip TA Counselling COSCA accred reg
I am an experienced counsellor offering an integrative approach to counselling. I hold a Cosca diploma in counselling. I can offer you a safe & confidential space to explore whatever is causing you distress.
I previously volunteered for 5 years with Safe Space in Dunfermline and for the Drug and Alcohol Project Levenmouth (DAPL) in Fife before establishing my own private practice.
Since then I have developed expertise in the treatment of addictions, eating disorders, anxiety & depression, bereavement & loss, anger management, relationship difficulties, family issues, post natal depression, couples counselling, low self esteem, suicidal thoughts, work related stress, personality disorders, childhood trauma and the effects from either physical, emotional or sexual abuse.
I am a practitioner member of Cosca and I have monthly clinical supervision with an experienced BACP accredited supervisor.
I can offer you a discounted full 60 min initial introductory session and an individual therapy treatment plan to meet your needs.
I deliver my counselling sessions within private premises off Ferry road in Edinburgh. On street parking is available and a regular bus service is in operation.
What if you need to cancel?
Please give me at least 24 hours notice if you cannot attend. Short notice cancellation will require you to pay for the session if you do not attend
How many sessions will I need?
I am sure you can understand that this is a difficult question to answer without having an initial introductory session with me. Decisions about yourself, other people and the wider world are made in childhood and have had a significant impact on how you live in the present. individuals respond differently about how and what they want to change, the more fundamental, severe, long standing and deep rooted the decision the longer this may take to resolve. Your early decisions are individual to you and i will work with you to support you to change and resolve the decisions impacting on your wellbeing.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Cosca Diploma in Transactional analysis counselling
- Higher national certificate in social care
- Applied Suicide Intervention Skills Training (ASIST) trained with Nhs Scotland
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Anorexia nervosa
- Antisocial personality disorder
- Attachment disorder
- Avoidant personality disorder
- Binge-eating disorder
- Bipolar disorder/Manic depression
- Body dysmorphic disorder
- Borderline personality disorder
- Bulimia nervosa
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Dependent personality disorder
- Domestic violence
- Drug abuse
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Gender dysphoria
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Hearing voices
- Histrionic personality disorder
- Internet addiction
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Narcissistic personality disorder
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Obsessive-compulsive personality disorder
- Panic disorder
- Paranoid personality disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Personality disorders
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Postnatal depression
- Pregnancy and birth
- Relationship issues
- Schizoid personality disorder
- Schizotypal personality disorder
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Separation and divorce
- Sex addiction
- Sex problems
- Sexual abuse
- Suicidal thoughts
- Tourette's syndrome
- Work-related stress
Other areas of counselling I deal with
- Chronic pain syndrome
Photos & videos
- £40 for individuals - 60 minute session
- £60 for Couples - 90 minute session
- £25 - 60 minute (initial introductory session)
A limited number of lower cost spaces for individual sessions are available for those on low incomes
- £30 - 60 minute session
- All counselling and therapy sessions are confidential.
- I abide by the Ethics as set out by COSCA, which can be seen at www.cosca.org.uk
- I am registered with data protection.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Monday, Wednesday & Friday 9am-9pm
Types of client