Erika Linhares de Paula-MA, BSC Psyc, MBA, Adv Dip. Counselling, MBACP Accred
Making the decision to come for counselling can feel like a big step, and it may be the first stage of taking action to try and address problems which might be difficult to acknowledge, or painful to think about.
I am an experienced psychologist, specialised in counselling and psychotherapy. I work in my private practices in Harpenden-Hertfordshire and Uxbridge-West London. I am also a BUPA registered psychotherapist and accept clients via BUPA referrals system through their website.
I offer a confidential and safe environment, where we can explore difficult feelings together. By thinking about your experiences and relationships, past and present, we can work towards an in depth understanding of who you are. By understanding how you are really feeling, and thinking about what is happening in a thoughtful and non-judgemental way, we can start to identify and challenge patterns of behaviour which may be causing problems in your life. I believe that the self awareness gained through counselling and psychotherapy can offer you an opportunity to realise your full potential.
There may also be times where you just feel you need some support, or to 'off-load' in a therapeutic space where you can talk freely and openly.
The relationship between counsellor and client is very important. Our initial meeting is an opportunity for you to talk about what has brought you to counselling, ask questions, and for me to explain what I can offer, so that you can decide whether you think this is the right step for you.
My background and qualifications:
My core training is in Psychology, Counselling and Integrative Psychotherapy, in which I have a Masters qualification.
I have 14 years post qualification experience with well over 10.000 client hours.
In my private practice, I work with relationship difficulties,depression,anxiety, stress, anger management,loss & bereavement,trauma,low self- esteem,relationships,divorce, affairs, family issues,work related problems.
I offer long-term, open-ended counselling, in addition to short term work, where the focus is on one specific problem or difficulty. The main areas of my integrative training:
- Existential psychotherapy
- Gestalt therapy
- Transaction Analysis - TA
- Therapeutic Imagery
- Trauma therapy
- Solution focus counselling
- Counselling for Anxiety and Depression
- CBT - Cognitive Behavioural Therapy
- IPT- Interpersonal Psychotherapy
I worked for 20 years in international business, working for multinationals across different countries in addition to leading multidisciplinary mental health teams in the NHS - National Health Service. I am familiar with the issues that arise from working in a corporate setting, having an expertise in business coaching. I have many clients steaming from their companies via E.A.P - Employment Assisted Programs. I am also a published author in self-development/self help books and academic research in European Journal of Psychotherapy, Counselling and Health.
If you think that I may be able to assist you, please feel free to contact me by email or give me a call, and we can have an initial chat about what I can offer. If it feels right for you, we can arrange to meet. I aim to see new clients within a week of their first enquiry (availability permitting) as I feel it is important to maintain the momentum once a decision has been made.
I am affiliated member of the Professional Body of BACP - British Association of Counselling and Psychotherapy, BPS - British Psychological Society. I am bound by their Ethical Framework for Good Practice in Counselling and Psychotherapy.
Individual Therapies offered:
- One to one counselling - psychotherapy
- Solution focused counselling - 6 sessions blocks
- Trauma therapy
- Managing stress - 6 sessions blocks
- Managing Anxiety - 6 sessions block
- Psychological interfacing Imagery
- Self-esteem - 12 sessions
Further expertise and specialisation:
- Corporate psychological interfacing and coaching
- Bespoke corporate courses on stress management, anxiety management, time management, relational conflict management, personal development .
- Corporate communication analysis
- Career support management
Delivery of services:
- Private Practice in Harpenden
- Private Practice in Uxbridge
- Telephone Counselling/Psychotherapy
- Skype Counselling/Psychotherapy
Training, qualifications & experience
MA - Existential Psychotherapy
Bsc - Psychology and Counselling
Adv Dip Therapeutic Counselling - Integrative
MBA in Business and International Trade.
Accredited register membership
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Antisocial personality disorder
- Avoidant personality disorder
- Binge-eating disorder
- Borderline personality disorder
- Carer support
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Dependent personality disorder
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Histrionic personality disorder
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Narcissistic personality disorder
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Obsessive-compulsive personality disorder
- Panic disorder
- Paranoid personality disorder
- Personality disorders
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
Other areas of counselling I deal with
Couples Counselling Harpenden
Couple Counselling Uxbridge
- Behavioural therapy
- Cognitive and behavioural therapies
- Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT)
- Cognitive therapy
- Couples counselling
- Individual Counselling/Psychotherapy - 1 x 50 minutes session : £50,00
- Couple Counselling - 1 x 60 minutes session : £80,00
- Individual Trauma therapy - 1 x 60 minutes session : £80,00
- Others - to be consulted
Payment : cash or cheques accepted
International clients: blocks of 06 sessions - paid in advance via PayPal or e- bank transfer
Skype and telephone clients: blocks of 06 sessions - paid in advance via Paypal or e- bank transfer
EAP, Corporate psychological interfacing, coaching, be-spoke courses and training: to be consulted
Cancellation terms: 24 hours notice form time of the session otherwise full fee is applied.
Therapies delivered in the following languages:
- Brazilian Portuguese
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
|Other languages:||English, Brazilian Portuguese, Portuguese|
Monday to Friday :7am to 9pm Staurday: limited availibility International Clients: to be agreed
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|