Lindsey Stafford MBACP. Dip Couns.
I am a registered counsellor and member of the BACP and I adhere to their ethical framework. My approach is integrative which means I am a therapist that can use different approaches that can help both of us understand you and your individual needs.
Therapy takes place in a safe and quiet area of Chafford Hundred and my practice is within walking distance of Chafford Hundred train station, I also have free parking.
I have previously worked in a London agency that specialised in substance abuse and all the associated difficulties such as anxiety, depression, anger, guilt and relationship problems.
For many years I have worked in schools as a teacher so understand the pressures that face the younger generation today.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Diploma in integrative counselling CPCAB
- Certificate in counselling level 3 CPCAB
- Counselling studies level 2 CPCAB
- Training and experience
- Mind Thurrock - current
- CGL Stratford.
Working with children and young adults in education settings.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Asperger's syndrome
- Attachment disorder
- Attachment disorder in children
- Avoidant personality disorder
- Behaviour problems
- Bipolar disorder/Manic depression
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Childhood bereavement
- Childhood bullying
- Children’s learning difficulties
- Depression and anxiety in children
- Domestic violence
- Drug abuse
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Internet addiction
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Personality disorders
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Relationship issues
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Separation and divorce
- Separation anxiety
- Sexual abuse
- Suicidal thoughts
- Work-related stress
- Young carers
- Behavioural therapy
- Cognitive and behavioural therapies
- Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT)
- Cognitive therapy
- Couples counselling
- Individual - £35
- Couples - £40
- Young people - £30
I also offer walking therapy as I understand that for some people sitting within four walls can feel overwhelming.
I work from a residential address and also a local community centre which has access for all.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
9am - 8pm Monday to Friday
Types of client