I am a qualified counsellor and fully trained psychotherapist with over twenty five years experience working for the NHS and in private practice. I have extensive experience in providing therapy to those with mild to moderate mental health difficulties.
I currently work from the North West Highlands of Scotland offering confidential face to face sessions and Skype sessions irrespective of location.
I also provide supervision to counsellors, psychotherapists, and psychologists via Skype.
Within my role in the NHS I have also trained in and provided coaching, mentoring, and mediation.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Diploma in Person Centred Counselling- Metanoia Institute 1989
- 4 years training in Clinical Transactional Analysis Psychotherapy - Metanoia Institute 1992
- Psychotherapy Supervision Training
- Workplace Mediation Training
- Coaching and Mentoring Training
I also have provided supervision to multi-disciplinary teams in palliative care, child bereavement, and alcohol and substance misuse and have run short term group therapy on issues such as stress management, assertiveness, and managing depression.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Anorexia nervosa
- Antisocial personality disorder
- Attachment disorder
- Avoidant personality disorder
- Binge-eating disorder
- Bipolar disorder/Manic depression
- Body dysmorphic disorder
- Borderline personality disorder
- Bulimia nervosa
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Dependent personality disorder
- Domestic violence
- Drug abuse
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Gender dysphoria
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Histrionic personality disorder
- Internet addiction
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Narcissistic personality disorder
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Obsessive-compulsive personality disorder
- Panic disorder
- Paranoid personality disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Personality disorders
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Postnatal depression
- Pregnancy and birth
- Relationship issues
- Schizoid personality disorder
- Schizotypal personality disorder
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Separation and divorce
- Sex addiction
- Sex problems
- Sexual abuse
- Suicidal thoughts
- Work related stress
Other areas of counselling I deal with
Supervision, coaching, and mentoring for mental health professionals, including counsellors, psychotherapists and psychologists.
I charge £50.00 per session for psychotherapy and counselling.
In some circumstances I am willing to negotiate a reduced fee.
I would be happy to have an initial discussion with anyone accessing this site with a view to assessing whether counselling or psychotherapy may be of help to them. Talking therapies are now often recommended as a first line of treatment alongside, or as an alternative to prescribed medication.
It's good to talk.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
available to contact Monday-Friday, 10 am - 8 pm
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|